Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thanks for the dose of Reality!

MagsMMags Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone! I'm 40 yrs old with 4 kids and scheduled for PLIF on Jan 13. I 'm so glad to have found this site. It seems everyone here is very empathetic and ready to share their experiences. It's the only forum I've come across that members give realistic perspectives as opposed to horror stories. It has helped me prepare mentally for what I'm about to face. Thank God I won't have to face it alone with this "family." I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and hearing your stories.

Maggie
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine Health. You will definitely get more than just the horror stories here and you will find people who genuinely want to help as well. Good luck with your surgery on the 13th!

"C"
  • Wishing you the very, very best results on your upcoming surgery. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing. Susan.
  • Maggie,

SH was my lifeline before my first surgery and today. I still post on the boards but have met some incredible folks that I call friends and correspond privately with them regularly.

What's really nice about this site is that usually you can go into chat on any evening and find others to talk to. Sometimes we talk about our medical care but mostly it's just fun conversation with folks who understand!

Angie
  • Maggie Im 41 and am 6 weeks out of a tlif. Not going bad 4 now. Good luck 2 u 4 sure and report as soon as u can...Ed
  • I knew this was the place for me. Thanks for welcoming me so openly. Although I am nervous about my upcoming surgery, I'm thrilled to find so many people who understand my journey enough to help me through it.

Maggie
  • You are in the right place for understanding and support. I wish you much luck with your surgery and please keep us posted with the outcome.
  • :H This is a great bunch of people. You will find some very real people here and as you can tell already this board is very busy and you could read on here forever. Good luck with your surgery and I'll keep you in my thoughts.
  • Best wishes on your upcoming surgery and we're glad to have you join this family of spineys. I hope you get relief from the fusion and you have a successful recovery. Take care :H

• Hey Mags,

I'm also scheduled for a PLIF on Jan. 13th. I'm new here as well and was completely LOST about the whole thing until I found this site. Are you having your surgery done by a neuro or ortho? I'm having a ortho do mine and it's my L4-5. I'd like to stay in touch as we go through the recovery process. Good luck!!
  • Hey, SeaHawk3....My fusion is also L4-L5 being done by an ortho. I feel confident with him as my dr. Several of my family members are attorneys and they have told me he has a stellar reputation. I was originally scheduled on Dec 9, but it was cancelled due to a (false) complication with my blood. I'll be thinking about you as our date approaches. Take it easy and stay in touch.

• with your surgery. I had a 360 PLIF at L5-S1 with the works and now have a perfectly stabilized back. I am 42 and have teenage boys who were a great help.

This is a great site - Welcome!

Cheri
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Mags said:
    Hi everyone! I'm 40 yrs old with 4 kids and scheduled for PLIF on Jan 13. I 'm so glad to have found this site. It seems everyone here is very empathetic and ready to share their experiences. It's the only forum I've come across that members give realistic perspectives as opposed to horror stories. It has helped me prepare mentally for what I'm about to face. Thank God I won't have to face it alone with this "family." I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and hearing your stories.

Maggie
    Maggie's surgery has been postponed a couple of times but she is finally having it today. I just wanted to let everyone know so we can all think of her and pray for her. Good luck Maggie.
    Debbie
advertisement