Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Light Cold Laser Therapy?????????

hinoblehhinoble Posts: 33
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Pain Management
Is anybody experimented with Light Cold Laser Therapy? Apparently it is FDA appproved and is used for treatment and pain relating to inflammation,pinched nerves, herniated discs,etc..., and also for acupunture.

Any insight to this topic is greatly appreciated. :H
advertisement

Comments

• Look out Google here I come!
  • but not sure of the effectiveness. Isn't this the same thing that is done for painful, arthritic knees?
  • I woould be interested maybe. What is it? Does it work? I am ready to try anything for some relief! If anyone knows please tell.
  • It offers the same type of benefits of acupunture. They basically work on the same concept. So no I wonder since it's FDA approved would my insurance company pay for it because they definitely will not pay for acupuncture.
  • My physical therapist uses cold laser therapy on me. I had ACDF 3 level surgery in Sept and have a lot of problems with my right shoulder after. When I go to PT first they have me lay on cold packs (neck and shoulder) and then she uses the laser on my shoulder and then she works with my shoulder and neck. After that I go in the gym and do light exercises and before leaving they put stim and ice on me (I think the stim is similar to a tens unit).
    The combination of all of this works well and my insurance is paying for my PT so I guess they pay for laser or the PT office would have said something. HOpe this helps,
    LJ
    hinoble said:
    Is anybody experimented with Light Cold Laser Therapy? Apparently it is FDA appproved and is used for treatment and pain relating to inflammation,pinched nerves, herniated discs,etc..., and also for acupunture.

Any insight to this topic is greatly appreciated. :H
  • not familiar with this, but it sounds interesting. Definitely will keep it in the back of my mind should I need something like that.

Cheri
  • Hey Tonya42,

I am going to try the Light/Cold Laser Therapy. I will find out if it accepts insurance and let you know.
  • Thanks LJ for the insight.
  • Hi Cherish22,

I am scheduling an appointment within the next few weeks to determine if this type of therapy actually works. I will post my findings later.
  • Hi Kimmeam,

I will post my results once I go and determine if it is any different from accupuncture.
  • There is a new article on Spine-health that explains the use of, effectiveness, and FDA status of cold laser therapy - thought you might find it helpful:

http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/pain-management/cold-laser-therapy-pain-management-treatment

• Class IV lasers make pain go away, slipped disc, ruptured disc, nerve and muscle problems, cell regeneration. Take the time to check out the laser and watch the videos.

The laser ultimately does not do the healing.. the body does. The laser promotes healing. Some severe back conditions are treated with the Class IV laser and Spinal Decompression.

Lasers "regenerate" all cells in the human body. Basically it provides energy so the body can make ATP for the mitochondria in the cells.

There are laser studies which are not thorough and use cold/low level lasers with the incorrect wavelengths. 650 nanometers and 808 nanometers alone with 5 or 100 milliwatts is not enough to penetrate the underlying condition. 808 nm and 980 nm between 5 and 10 watts of power is what is necessary to reach the problem. It can also take considerable time/treatments for chronic conditions to obtain real results.

EDITED
    Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.
    Edited by moderator JEAUX
  • Note, the term “Cold Laser” is used by many to differentiate it from the surgical lasers(hot). Its correct name is Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT, Class III). In this page I will simply refer to it as Cold Laser.
    Cold Laser’s light is compressed light of a wavelength (Visible and/or Infrared light) part of ElectroMagnetic spectrum. It is different from natural light in that it is one precise color; it is coherent (it travels in a straight line), monochromatic (a single wavelength) and polarized (it concentrates its beam in a defined location or spot). These properties allow laser light in the cold (red) spectrum to penetrate the surface of the skin with no heating effect, no damage to the skin and no known side effects..
    greenlight laser therapy
advertisement