Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Numbness in private parts after 45 days post-op microdiscectomy

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi,

I had L5-S1 microdisectomy 45 days before and the recovery proceeded well. I am on PT now and feel a bit of strength returning to my body.

I still have lower back pain and cant sit for more than 10 minutes.

But my main concern is that I started feeling a bit numb in my private parts since today morning. I cant feel the urine coming out while urinating ( excuse my language as I have to be explicit here ).

Has anyone experienced this sort of condition ? I am scared to death about this. Please help !!!

Regards,
Misbah
advertisement

Comments

• I personally have not had this happen, but call your doc! Call an advice line or something. That is a new symptom on set, and from what I understand, when anything goes numb it's not good. Did you have it at all prior to surgery? I was told by my surgeon that the nerves are "angry" after surgery, but 45 days seems a long time to all of a sudden have a new symptom.

Please call someone ASAP! Better safe than sorry.
    Let us know how it goes!

Caity
  • Do you have control of those faculties?
    If not, that might be Cauda Equina Syndrome.

-----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008