Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks Lo. I want that surgeon! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • That is some hardware that she has!
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• :jawdrop: Incredible. :jawdrop:
    -----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • I wish you could see the before and after MRI's of my daughter in law's brother. He has CF and his spine had become so curved that we was becoming unable to sit up in a wheel chair at all. He had surgery that looks a lot like this girls and I was amazed when I saw him at Christmas. He isn't sitting straight up yet but that's what the doctors are looking for eventually. His hardware looked much like hers. And sometimes I whine about my little one level fusion. Makes me feel bad when I realize how blessed I truly am. Oh he had his surgery done right here at Vanderbilt Children's hospital.
  • a three level lumbar disc replacement last month.

Too early to say if it's done the trick (not looking good so far) but I'm definitely an inch taller - as they said I would be.

Which is great, but I'd prefer to be pain free, to be honest.
  • Hmm yeah pain free would be the best.

I'm 5'7", so I've got a decent amount of height and lank to me. Lol.
  • She looks a lot better. Truly amazing stuff :jawdrop: I will put that doc on speed dial B)
  • He also suggested that I not run out and buy new pants because it was my neck he made longer. I was like oh thanks! Neck I had plenty of already. How big is cadaver bone? 2 cm or something like that? :) You are 5 ft 7? Why don't you model sweetie? They'd love you in New York!

Oh and I meant Xrays in my other post. I've just had so many MRI's lately that my head is stuck there in that machine.
  • Haha! I wouldn't mind a longer neck. Hehe

Generally most modeling agencies require you be at LEAST 5'9". 5'7" is on the taller side of just average height. 5'3" to 5'8" is the average for a female... 5'3" being on the shorter end of average, 5'8" on the taller end. Most models are about 5'10" to 6'3"! Crazy stuff. My sister was considering going into modeling. She's 5'9" and super skinny. Funny, because my mom is 5'6" and my dad was 5'8". Neither one all that tall. Haha.
  • OMG!! Imagine the recovery from THAT!

Bless her, totally! What a strong person she must be, to make that decision, then go thru with it & now recover...

But what an inspiration! When her muscles get used to all the new "loads" she'll really feel great!

She will be in my prayers, for sure!

(I am now 5'10.5 inches...gained 1/2 inch when he put the spacer in the bad disk space...but I was 5' 10" to start w/...big deal, huh!) But hey! You play the cards you get!

~Lakeside
  • :jawdrop:

Yeesh! Short term pain for long term gain, but I bet that was not fun...
  • Lo,

You find the best stuff! :) That is an amazing story! 4 inches. People keep commenting on how much taller I am since surgery. I have not measured myself, but I was 5'10 to begin with so...

One Love,

Stephanie
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
    Before the start of my spinal surgeries, I was 6'3" and had a good chance in the NBA.
    Now, I am down to 5'9"

Well, maybe not 6'3" and the only way I knew how to play basketball was like it was football.

Lo, you do find some good information... Thanks
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I sent a copy to my ortho.

Thanks Lo

Harry
advertisement