Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Repair of abdomen after alif surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi Guys,
Iam 9 months on since my surgery and still have an extremly large abdominal swelling where I had my alif surgery. Initially my Neuro said time will take it down but 9 months on I still have an oddly shaped stomach and no muscle control. Does anyone else have the same issue? If so what does it take to repair? Really has made me so self conscious and I just want it gone!!! Any one???

Thanks Di x
advertisement

Comments

• Have you dicussed this with your dr recently?? If so what has he said.
    I did not have a alif but a plif. But on another note plenty of belly surgeries.
    I can say after my 2 c sections last one being in 89 my stomach is still not even. Alot of work is involved to get it back to the way it was.
    I just had another recent belly surgery and I have a 10 inch scar going across my belly near my belly button. That is still to early out to tell the outcome. As that is still swollen and tender.
    Have they started you on PT?? Core strengthing etc?
    One side of mine is lower then the other or higher which ever way you want to look at it.
    Yes its a annoying but I figure , I will never be back in a bikini ;)
    Discuss this with your surgeon and see what your limitations still are on exercising. To work on getting those muscles back into shape. Once they are cut its tuff getting your belly back to the way it was. BUT with alot of work and effort it can happen.
    If your currently not having any back pain and the surgery worked thats all that counts >:D< O:)

Good luck
    Terri