Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 more days till hardware removal!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Got 4 more days till the removal of all my hardware...as many of u may know, my screws have broken. They slightly stick up under my skin. Easily felt when touching with hands. I expect to be in hospital a few days min. God knows how long i will be out of it? Very nervous about most everything! Anxiety through the roof. Just hope things go smoother since they know whats gonna happen now? Drop in BP. post surgery outbursts...etc. :SS Man...not looking forward to this one bit....Everyone who ive talked to on here,thats been cool, THANKS >:D< Wish me luck and could use any and every prayer Wendsday morning...even if its just to make it out of surgery ok! l8r all =;

• I hope your surgery goes well and they fix you all up. I never thought this could happen with titanium. I feel bad for you and I know you'll come through this okay. I hope you have a nice weekend >:D<
  • Good luck to you! I have 5 more days till I get the rest of my hardware removed. I had one side removed in May(I'm not fused) and about to have the other side removed.

Hospital stay may not be as bad as you fear. Last time and this time will be less than 23 hours for me. First week of pain was bad, then felt pretty good. It was NOTHING compared to the pain of getting the stuff put in! :)

Hope it goes well, will keep you in my thoughts.
  • I know how much pain you have been experiencing, and I am praying this surgery gives you some relief! You seem like such a strong woman (I think you are in your 20s, like me, and this is a lot to go through for someone so young...but because we are young, we feel like we need to be strong all the time and recover quickly.) If you are feeling anxiety I would ask for a script now...I was on valium before my later surgeries because I kept having major panic attacks about some of the same issues (my BP dropped and was in ICU, etc.)But I think some of the anti-anxiety meds helped a lot beforehand. I think you will do great! Stay in the hospital and get those good drugs until you feel ready to go home...and then come back home and chat with us for support, and hopefully everything will be A-Okay!

Stay Strong Cherry!!!!
  • Here's hoping your surgery goes well and that you recover very quickly. Be strong, and hang in there. :)
  • i am on xanax daily.have been for years..puts me out...it dont realy take away anxiety though. ~X( anyways, thanks...hope i dont have as bad a time,this go round. Guess i will have 2 wait and see? hugs 2 all >:D<
  • Hi Cherry...all the best for your removal surgery. I have been exactly there so I think i know how you feel. Anyway, afterwards you will do great, and recovery after removal surgery is usually much easier and shorter :)

All the best to you!
    Keep positive!

...an old timer here and ex-moderator