Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello everyone

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
hi, everyone i am new to this group. in fact i feel a little lost. i have never joined an online group before so im not real sure if i am posting this in the right place.but i wanted to try to get started and maybe meet a few people who understand what i am going thru, since very few people i know do understand. anyway,i hope i put this in the right spot. 8}

• I am new to this as well but have found some really great people here that want to help. Priestess is the moderator and if you message her then she will help you in any way she can . Also a fellow by the name of Dilauro is the Admininstrator over this site and he is most helpful too. I'm just getting started but you can message me anytime you want to and we can learn together. Where is your pain? Also, my brother Ben(Agriman)told me about this site before he died and these fine people are helping me work through that too. Take care and see ya around. I'll be looking for you.
  • Sleeping Bear and welcome to the forum....I am PRIESTESS but you can call me Miki......I am one of the MODS and if I can help you out at all then please just let me know. You posted in just the right place , no worries.

Thank you for welcoming a new member Vicki being that you are so new yourself...that is really cool!!!

Bear , tell us a little bit about yourself and what you are going through....the members here are all so amazing and supportive....ask questions , jump right in. Once again , welcome and let me know if I can help at all....take care....Miki
  • We are like family here as I am sure you know Vicki. If you post a question I promise it will never go unanswered. Even if we don't know exactly how to help you specifically we will offer our support to you while you go through whatever your difficulty might be.
    Vicki I was never one of the priviledged ones who had the honor of talking to your brother but from the posts I've read we have lost one of the greats here. I offer my condolences to you and your family. I cannot imagine what the pain of the loss of your brother is like but I'm glad you're here in his stead and look forward to getting to know you.
  • well,i am thankful to find such welcoming people. im looking forward to getting to know everyone. a little bit about me,i have a 13 yr old daughter who is the light of my life,and a great partner who is probably the greatest person in the world.she has polycystic kidney disease which has no cure and very painful so she understands how much pain im in. my current support system is small but the best in the world i am truly blessed to have them.i have just started to recieve treatment for my condition. i have ddd,radialcolopathy and torn disc L5,S1.I was told by my former family doctor that i shouldnt be in any pain, so needless to say he is no longer my doctor.i then found an excellent pm doctor who is very sympathetic to my condition but we have had to start at square one.so far i have been given two rounds of shots to releive the swelling and take care of some of my leg pain and numbness. although, it is still very weak and somtimes just gives out. i have suffered a lot of falls and close calls.he also perscribed me norco for pain and nuerontin for the nerve pain.i will be receiving another round of shots next week. they help but do not last long.but im sure there are other options in the long run. i have stomache bleeding so i cant take nsaids for the inflamation,so that is a complication that is very frustrating. but enough about me for the moment.Viki, im so sorry to hear about your brother you are in my thoughts and prayers. my brother and i arent very close but i couldnt imagine loosing him.so if you ever need a friend im a good listener. thank you all for being so welcoming me it means the world to me that there are people out there still with good hearts. im looking forward to getting to know you all. god bless you all and i hope everyone has a tolerable day. :H
  • Welcome to you!
    I'm brand new myself, but not new to spinal surgeries. Looking forward to gaining support, and passing some along as well. Hopefully we'll meet in the middle somewhere.

Best of luck to you.
  • You are definitely in the right place for understanding and support. You will find many nice folks here that are always willing to listen and really understand pain. I will look forward to seing you around the forum.