So I rushed to get the SCS done for insurance deduductible reasons.
Go with the pain mgmt doc for his doc he uses....go see him him talk about what he's going to do etc (hubby is in the room)
get there the am of the procedure and the SCS Co. rep RECOMMENDS starting where I had the best results from the trial(bottom of the lead), if I looked up to the sky or arched alittle to move it down I got much better coverage, so the trial was too high.
I had to go w/the surgical implant because the percutanuous flopped all over the place & oh what a difference
I wake up pi$$ed off crying because the implant is not where we had decided on a few times mind you...He was paged to come see me & needless to say I was livid. He says OH if you want it moved I'll move it. That was before I knew the whole thing hurt so bad, so he probably said that thinking no way will I have to do that
I get home and feel like something didn't feel right about the lami so I called the nurse to find out where it was and low and behold it's not in a proper place to test. I knew coming out of the anesthesia he put the paddle in the trial spot but at that point I'm lead to believe we tried the lower areas with the lower lami.
So now instead of floppy beatings I get regular diaphram,liver,stomach, rib and even a heart massage once in awhile.(all of which I know are very BAD) So clearly there isn't many options on my program and I can't go to high in frequency either. We have been able to find alittle of my trial areas which I love!!
I find out for sure he did the lami in the wrong level which of course only could allow the paddle in the same area as the percutaneous so I never had a chance to even try it lower. Like does he get this is it!
I am pretty sure the permit did not specify where the lami was going to be (I should know better) All I have is the person in the room's word(miscounted on flouro) and that my hubby also heard this person. I also have the obvious like why in the heck would you go in the same level as the trial only not to be able to move it down.
I have only this option left and felt like with a better permanant placement I had some hope. Now I am going to have to do this again, which again for the short term will be so worth it, but I have to pay the full deductible again?
I don't have my follow up until next week I have the whole conversation rehearsed in my head. Any suggestions for the conversation will be greatly appreciated. Legally I think I'm hosed so I have to work with what I've got? Who do you call at the hospital if this doc refuses to do it right?
(I really don't want him again but will have things in writing this time and there aren't too many options, like another doc is going to step on any toes)
Hopefully we can turn around right away and go back before this lead settles in! ~X(
Ok thanks for listening It's driving me nuts...all weekend!!!! I feel so dumb like why didn't I have it specified on the permit, they told me the doc would mark the implant site I asked several times and right before I get on the table in the OR room we locate where I want it. =((
ok I feel better getting that off my chest thanks