Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone tried special coil shoes?

Shell74Shell74 Posts: 300
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My PT has recommended these special shoes to me. No names, I know. They have a 1 1/2-2 inch coil/spring at the heal, these are open so you actually see the spring and look a little strange, but are supposed to be great for absorbing weight and helping back and knee pain.

Has anyone tried these before or after surgery? The are fairly expensive and you need to go to a store to be specially fitted, but I am willing to try just about anything at this point.

• I purchased some about a year ago. I had been hurting for 1 1/2 years and willing to try anything. Yes they are wonderful. Take alot of shock of walking off your back. Recently had two level fusion and have not been wearing them right now. But they do help.
  • Where do you purchase these shoes? Are they found in stores or are they available by prescription?

Also has anyone tried inserts in their shoes? A friend of minse who had a one level fusion 20 years ago swears by them??
  • Here's a link to a manufacturer's website (there is a store locator link on the main page):

• have never seen nor heard of these. Looks very interesting. I think I would like to try them on if I ever get a chance. Not sure if it would really help with nerve pain, but as a back surgery patient, sure couldn't hurt.

• Thanks MarkR, I didnt know if I could post the link,lol. My PT, who has a spinal cord injury and lots of nerve related damage swears by them. You need to go to a store for them, the nearest one to me is almost 2 hours away. I was hoping to pick up a used pair(Ebay) to try before I traveled and spent the big bucks. However, they need to be fit and adjusted properly so I may not get the best results if I buy online.

iowarobin, Thanks for the feedback.