Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Weight Loss

jean jayejjean jaye Posts: 181
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Hi Guys,

well- i started the diet - Mrs. P - OMgoodness - I weigh more than I thought i did ~X( . Good news is I lost 2 lbs. - only like 70 more to go - lol. I just wanted to make a couple of suggestions:
- Joseph's Flax, oatbran & whole wheat flour Lavash roll- up bread ( sounds yucky- but quite good)
- Cabot all natural 50% light cheddar cheese slices- ( very good in sandwiches & egg beater omlettes)

- sandwich made with above + cut up chicken leftovers or turkey slices from the deli - yummy

- also - eat 1/2 ur meal - wait 25 mins & eat other 1/2

- to help my cravings for my all mighty chocolate- jello choc. pudding,or 1% chocolate milk, or chocolate Silk

- eat 1/2 of a favorite fruit & save other 1/2 for later in the day ( bananas)

- I need to get back to grazing so I don't get the munchies

- my sister suggests strawberries with a lil bit of hershey's syrup & cool whip

just some suggestions- big challenge 4 me- esp. on meds

TTYL & good luck everyone

hugs- glo :H

• In the last few months, my appetite has been teeny tiny and had lost about 7 lbs. Little did I know my gallbladder was bad. (Maybe my meds covered that up?) Anyway, now that I've had surgery over holidays, I am down 20 lbs total. I had gained about 30 since this pain stuff started, inactivity, steroid shots, meds, etc. I am really motivated to maintain this and lose some more.

Keep us posted!!

• Here's a couple of ideas that I have tried...very good...

Bake a chocolate cake(mix) with one can of Diet Coke....like cake mixes use can of Diet Sprite/7-up. No other ingredients....YUMMY!!

Take boneless, skinless chicken breasts and simmer on the stove for approx. 35-40 minutes with 1 cup of ketchup and one can of Diet Coke.....makes the BEST barbeque sauce with very few calories (points if you are WW follower)!
This discussion has been closed.