Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

dose fibromyalgia make you ache all over and feel ill?

strakerstraker Posts: 1,851
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Fibromyalgia
hi all since my last op i have felt lousy i ache all the time i don't want to do anything other than lay in my recliner .the thought of going out {to shop get diesel for the car etc}fills me with dread .all i want to do is get comfy and warm and sleep .i hate moving from my comfort zone.what the hells wrong with me.i thought by now that i would have recovered from my bilateral laminectomy .but i have not ,i am still in pain [worse than before} i can't sleep at night and i can't walk far {just enough to get around my small home}

• You should see your Dr for a physical and bloodwork. I hope you feel better soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I feel the same way. I am just so sick of being in pain and when I get comfy, I want to stay that way. I get depressed from all the pain. Sometimes I have to take max of pain meds and I am dopey to say the least and I would prefer to stay in bed and sleep away my life and then wake up when I start feeling better which won't happen if I stay in bed forever. The chronic pain is tiring. It's going on 11:30pm and I'm still not tired even after I took my ambien a couple of hours ago so I will go take a shower, toss and turn all night in bed till hubby gets up in am and goes in living room and then I just want to stay in my bed all alone. His back is bothering him for about 2 days so I am trying to be sympathetic but I should just treat him the same way he does me. Ok, I am going off on a different subject, please forgive me lol. Must be the ambien and pain med mix. I better go now

I do agree that you should talk to doc about it. Do you take vitamins? Maybe you should try taking extra vitamin C. It could be so many things but most likely it tends to be depression from coping with chronic pain.

I hope you feel better soon.
  • I'm pretty sure that the "all over ache" that those of us with fibro has, is a very common feeling for us. My limbs feel like they weigh a hundred pounds each, at times, meaning it sometimes is hard to even lift my legs high enough to take a step. Also, the lack of energy we feel, makes it feel even harder to lift our limbs. Knowing that we should be able to do more but absolutely don't feel like it, makes us feel depressed. We want to do it, but it is just so hard to. The most comfortable and safe feeling place for us? Buried beneath the covers in the most comfortable position we can find... and PLEASE understand that we don't want to feel this way AND most importantly, there is nothing we can do to make it better. Just because we may look fine from the outside doesn't mean we feel fine on the inside. I personally feel like I could sleep for 20 out of 24 hrs out of the day, but when I try to close my eyes and sleep, my brain starts running a marathon and I have the hardest time falling asleep. Finally, my brain takes a quick breather and I fall asleep, but my back starts to hurt and it wakes me up because I have to reposition and the marathon begins again!
    My friends, this is us! We have to stick together! Keep in touch and let's vent to each other. I think it will be better to talk about it with someone who can really understand what you're going thru rather than hold it in until you explode!! So here is an open invitation to you all, to PM me anytime you need to, I'll even trade e-mail addresses with you if you want or maybe even just post on here so that someone else may see what we go thru and see that they are not alone.
    OK... I'll finish up here. This whole post took it all out of me! Whew! Have a good day! Hang in there~