Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello from australia

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
:H every one
I'm so glad i found this site to read about ppl's experiances.My name is Jodi and I'm from Victoria,Australia I had a laminectomy 5 years ago and just recently had a lumbar spinal fusion on the 15/8/08... I tell you what its the worst op i have ever had. :''( I'm still in pain and my flexability is still no good. I'm still going to rehab once a week and I'm very sore for days afterwards. I do my exercises everyday and cant understand why I'm still like this. I wake up early in the mornings with this pain in the middle of my back, it's so bad i can hardly breathe and have to get out of bed to ease the pain!Does anyone else have these symptoms?
I've been back to work and got the siatic pain down my left leg so I'm off work again till i feel ok to go back. It a work related injury and am on workcover. How long do you reckon I'll be off.
My family tell me to take it easy this time since it's the 2nd operation.
I feel as if my whole lifestyles been taken away from me,I went to the beach the other day and couldn't even lay on the sand :''( !!!! My hubby has booked a holiday in another state and we are driving and i feel that i wont be able to last in the car for that long. I might have to fly up.We had it booked b4 i had my op but had to postpone it when i found out i had to have an op.I feel like a burden to my husband as this holiday was a dream he has had for years, and I've ruined it. =((
Has anyone got any idea's what to do during the day instead of sitting on the computer all day???life is so boring now i cant do much other than a bit of housework :? :T
Would love to hear from anyone that needs a friend that'll relates and understands what their going through >:D<

• :) hi and welcome to the forum. :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it is great to have you here all the way from Australia. <:P you will make lots of friends and that support should help you feel less alone. i am pretty much housebound, even bedbound many days. :D i do my nails, pay the bills, read magazines. just little things that can add up to a good day. even if it is just taking a shower in the morning, doing my hair and a little laundry. i try hard to keep that day filled. sometimes with a nap or maybe hanging out on the computor. it all adds up. make yourself at home and have a good look around. i look forward to reading your posts! Jenny :)
  • You have found many friends here that are always willing to listen. Many of us can relate to your feelings of being a burden and being useless. I am not sure what month it was that you had your operation? A fusion takes a good while to heal and you may need to be patient and allow enough time to heal. Good luck with your recovery and I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • Welcome and believe me, you have found many people who can relate. I am one of them!!!!

One Love,

• :H guy's
    thanks for the comment's,
    I'll be returning to work 2 days a week for 3 hours a day as of next wednesday 14/01/09.. So i'll see how i go! :S
    Wish me luck! ;)

re: to pain in the back

Operation was on the 15/08/08