Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

c6-7 herniated and the flu

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I believe having the flu and a herniated disk feels like your dying. Anyone one else ever have this?

• yes it makes the pain ten times worse the tightening up in your throat and back.my pain used to get worse if i ran a fever as well and the muscle spasms would get worse too. Hang in there it will get better. :sick: :H
  • Last year my boyfriend got help with his LB pain with a machine called VAX-D since then they have a new table that treats cervical herniations as well. If you google Vax-d and G2 you can find info about it. My boyfriend found help at a clinic in chicago. I know they have a G2 table now as well as the table he was treated on...I'm not sure how many clinics in the US have the G2 though. Good luck in finding relief from your pain! :)))
  • I am about to start Vax-D at American Back Center in Chicago for my 4mm midline disc bulge which is mildly compressing my spinal cord on C5 C6.

My pain is really not that bad, on a scale of 1 to 10 its really a number 2, and the 2 is pressure not pain. However, I am a 24 year old male law student, and generally pretty active. I have had the bulge for about 2 months now and it has already taken a lot from my life. I want to stop it now so it doesnt get worse.

What was your boyfriends experience with it? They only recommended 10 sessions for me cause how minimal my pain is. How many did he do? Did it really help him? Can it make my smptoms worse. Just really hoping for some feedback before I start.

Thanks so much,

• us2briggs said:
    I believe having the flu and a herniated disk feels like your dying. Anyone one else ever have this?
    I've been there, too. All I can say is hang in there, as the flu is only temporary. It will go away.
  • I had the flu just a couple of weeks after surgery. I had to hold my head still while I threw up. Not much fun.