Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

esi injections after surgery

kd1261kkd1261 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Spinal Injections
My son had a spinal fusion april 08. Having more pain than before the surgery. Now surgeon suggests pain management until we see if fusion makes things better. He is scheduled to have ESI shots. Has anyone every had to have injections after surgery and why? Don't understand seems like we are going backwards with his back.

• But I was wrong. The recent caudal epidural I had really seemed to help. (The epidurals never helped me b/4 surgery) The only problem (other than my big fall the day after--but that's a different story) is that the positive effects don't last very long. Susan
  • My 1st 2 level fusion went great however the 2nd and most recent did not go well and as your son I have more pain now than before. I am seeing a pain management doctor but so far nothing has helped.

I hope your son has better results than I have.