Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Members that first post

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
We always encourage new members to make posts about their medical situation so that the other members here can respond.
Its not so important that the initial post is in the category that fits the topic the best. That will come in time.
However, there are several topics that seem to get repeated over and over. I think it would be more effective if newer members looked at some existing topics before posting a new topic. Some of the topics that seem to be repeated over and over here are:

- Neurontin and Nerve Pain
- Lyrica Impacts
- Physical Therapy concerns
- Exercise after surgery
- Pain Management Doctors
- Best medications

Many people have made posts regarding this topics, so that before you make a new post, check to see if one of these are already covered. You will be surprised to see how much information has already been discussed.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• but I know I wanted to see my concerns answered with me in mind, not for someone else.

I do notice there are always many more guests on SpineHealth than users and perhaps they are searching the archives, so I'm sure it is a very valuable resource.

I run a box turtle care email list and we answer the same questions over and over from new pet owners, but we understand they want their hands held and their fears or concerns acknowledged and answered. I even have an online care book, but people rather ask their questions than read it :) I even have a book published by TFH Publications, but once again- owners want answers to their own questions. I think it's just human nature.

• All they have to do is grab an old thread (say for instance one on Neurontin) and make a post that pertains to their own situation. Suddenly the thread becomes focused on them and they get the warm fuzzy and SH doesn't rack up it's 500th thread on Neurontin.

• new members say that they have lurked for a while and are finally posting hoping that their post is in the right area. There are lots of folks that are not as computer literate as others and I think that this may intimidate them from signing up and posting at all. Just my thoughts.
  • Sorry, Ron, but I am a new member that posted about exercising after surgery. As soon as I posted I saw that there was already a thread on that topic. I think I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice it before. Now I am going through all the threads to see if there are some that address other questions I have. At the same time, though, I feel like I'm running out of time with my surgery date looming and it takes so much time and patience to go through all of those posts to find out that your exact question wasn't addressed. So, I compiled a list of questions for my dr and his PA is scheduled to call me tomorrow so we can discuss it.
  • in that I did lurk this forum for probably a year before I posted the first time. In all the time that I lurked around it was because the questions that I had were answered by previous threads and there was no need for me to post. When I finally did post the first time it was because I wanted to see if I could get a question answered to a specific circumstance. That being said I also notice that some of the threads I frequent sometimes have threads that are a week old on the front page. This means there isn't a great deal of new information being posted. I would happily share my experiences with Neurontin 17 times to 17 different people if it helped bring that one person the comfort that this forum brought me the first time I posted.

Now I am a relative newbie so take that for what it's worth.
  • I think sometimes members may not realize there is a search function at the top. If what your looking for doesn't show enough links you will be on the modified search page. It will bring up any threads and any articles that have been written as well. Just thought that may cut down some of the multiple threads and lead members to some great information.
  • I am new here and I posted some stuff about myself the other day adn now I can not for the life of me find which place I posted on? I "thought" the blog just said DDD
    how do you find where you posted, (I'm a computer dummy)
    email hd5145@q.com
    Sharon thanx
  • Go down to the ddd section and there is a thread called ddd and age by toyoungforthis,that is where your post is at...
  • I've done this several times as I am not much of a topic starter.The only person that ever replied directly to me (in another persons thread) that I can recall was YOU.Now that's weird.

On the other hand I don't need the warm & fuzzy stuff either... :))(
  • On the Forum Home page you'll see on the left hand side of the page "My Stuff," click on "My Posts."
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    no need to apologize or anything. I just want to point out a fact that might be helpful down the road.
    The most important thing is that you are posting. If there are a 100 similar posts, let the moderator team handle it. (when we can)
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com