Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I fell down and sprained my ankle today

TurtleTTurtle Posts: 161
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Depression and Coping
I was so scared I had ruined my neck because of the whiplash type of effect when I fell! I think I will be OK, but I have a removable cast on my ankle now. I really buggered it up!

A warning for you all-please be careful! I missed a step on my deck when I had bird seed in hand to refill the feeders and apples for the squirrels. Dumb, dumb! Could have hit my head as easily as sprain my ankle.

I was not even on pain meds so I cannot use that as an excuse-just a klutz :) Watch out for that last step!

• hope there is no after effect on your neck there. ive fallen down and added injury to injurys. rest well!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Glad your ok. Sorry to hear about your ankle, hope it heal quick.
  • :) it wasn't too long ago that i fell off my front porch, bruised and cut myself up as well as a contusion on my left sciatic nerve!! :''( i am glad it was only your ankle and you are ok!! try and stay on both feet now and no more falling over. birds or not, stay on both feet!! =)) take care!! Jenny :)
  • Sorry Turtle always with one hand hold the rail or wall! Sometimes those extra steps appear out of nowhere. I hope everything's okay with you. Take care. Charry
    P.S. It's nice to see you're a birdlover. We have 2 feeders but those darn squirrels knock over the feeders!
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN