Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I finaly did it!

MingMMing Posts: 1,127
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I finally broke out the beginners yoga set and did 15 mins of yoga then I dusted off the eliptical and did 15 mins on that followed by about 5 minutes of stretching I learned in PT. I am a little sore but I feel I have more energy and am so proud of myself. =D> I've been talking for weeks about starting these up and I've been dealing with some pretty bad pain flares. I've noticed that my pain seems to get worse the more I sit around. I ran out of muscle relaxers today so I was feeling pretty bad. Instead of sulking in bed like I usually do, I forced my butt up and did as much as I could. Beleive me, I wanted to quit the eliptical after about 5 mins but I pushed on to 15 mins. I'm sure I will feel it tomorrow. I just hope I have the motivation to keep this up every day. I do seem to feel better if I can push through the pain and keep a consistant low impact, mild exercise routine. Even if it's includes light housework. Anything to get the heart pumping and endorphines producing. I am trying to wean down on vicoprofen and take tylenol arthritis instead. Some days are better than others.

I truly pray that all my spiney friends are doing well. You are always in my prayers.

• Great, Congratulation!!
    Hope you keep feeling better everyday.

• I'm so proud of you! =D> =D> Keep working on it. Don't give up. You're strong and you will be doing more and more in no time! 35 minutes today. 45 tomorrow before long you can be a yoga trainer. :D
  • Thats just brilliant >:D< its so nice to hear stories that give us all hope :) Keep up the good work! :) :H

Angie >:D< x
  • You guys inspire me. Thank you for all your kind words. I would've never made it this far without the support from my spiney friends. I was starting to get into my slump where I hide in my bed and don't want to go anywhere and do anything but eat and feel sorry for myself. I talk to a good friend of my via text today and just talking with her gave me the motivation to get off my butt and start being me again. I realize I am only hurting myself by hiding in my hole. I need to work on myself and get myself back to feeling better and then the rest will fall into place. I also watched an inspiring Dr Phil show with his wife promoting her book and it was all about us women needing to put ourselves first and take care of ourselves and then we will be able to better care for our family.
  • I am a little sore today but I didn't let that stop me. I did sleep in since the kids didn't have school due to icestorm last night and this morning. Once I got up, I was so sore so I took 1 vicoprofen and 1 skelaxin (i'm trying to cut down on vicoprofen, I usually take 2 in the morning), then I did 15 minutes of core exercises that I learned in PT combined with some of the yoga moves I learned last night. Then I took a hot shower and I am reclined with my feet up. I will do some more stretching later on tonight and maybe try for 17 mins on eliptical. I'm going to try to increase my time by 2 mins each day. Also with my stretches, last night I did 1 set of 5 and today I did 2 sets of 5. I am still sore but I know if I am consistant and stick it out through the pain, i will start to feel better emotionally and physically soon.

Thanks for all your inspiration and uplifting messages.
  • keep up the good work but don't be too upset if you do have a bad day.
    This is a swings and roundabouts recovery!

• I hope you continue to do well and heal. =D> We're all rooting for you here. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Since there is yoga for the wii I wonder if my insurance company would pay for it as a therapeutical piece of equipment? :D I hear it's great on the wii and gives you a real workout. I'm proud of you and glad that you are still at it today but sorry to hear you're sore. >:D<
  • I want to get wii fit and yoga for wii too. I asked my insurance if they would pay for gym membership, weight watchers, yoga classes or anything else. They pay for PT and for a dietition (sp?). I will just push to stay on my routine until I can afford to join back to weight watchers. I wasn't able to do the eliptical tonight. I am pretty sore and feel really wiped out so I am going to do that tomorrow. I still did my stretches though.
  • I did do 15 crunches yesterday and I am paying for it today. My fusion was anterior so my "gut" is in a lot of pain today. I think I will just take it easy today, no crunches and maybe just some stretches.

Hope you are coming along good during your surgery Zach, you are probably at hospital now. I can't remember what time you said your surgery was. Best of luck!
  • Who was it that said the other day 2 steps forward, one step back? That's exactly how I feel today. I am taking my step back from my 2 good days of being active. I may have overdone it with the crunches and boy am I having some intense muscle spasms in addition to my stomach hurting. I will just continue to rest for the day and pray that tomorrow will be better so that I can resume my exercise/stretch routine minus the crunches.