Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

vibrations in calf

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671

does anyone know what causes a vibration feelings in the calf muscles? It feel like I have a bee buzzing around in there. It comes and goes with no rhyme or reason and it's always in the same spot. I tried moving my legs and feet around and even stretching, nothing seems to lessen the sensation. my lower legs also feel "heavy" especially while lying down. doctors do not know hat I am talking about.any suggestions?

• Or numbness? You should have a neurologist check it out because it could be something as common as restless leg syndrome and a pill can take care of that. Or it could be more serious like poly-neuroprophy. But I'm a hypochrondriac so don't listen to me :) Good luck!
  • Early after my spinal fusion surgery, I had vibrations in my legs that felt like my pager was going off. I'd actually reach for the pager and realize the sensation was in a different part of my leg. I don't know what causes it.

I still get the leg heaviness. I have leg heaviness and cramping, especially in the foot. For me, those symptoms are from pseudoclaudication. That is where the leg/foot muscles cramp up not from lack of blood supply to them, but lack of blood supply to the nerves coming out of the spine.
  • I have that it feels like a cell phone on vibrate on my leg .It was worse when I first reherniated and has calmed down a little. I was told it was nerves pinched somewhere and thats just where it comes out sometimes.
  • yes, I have this too...sometimes its vibration type feelings which I think is a type of muscle spasm and sometimes they are alot worse than vibrating. I think it just comes from the sciatic radiculopathy? I take a muscle relaxer for them. They make my calf tired and I also get cramps in that foot.
  • This started happening to me a few weeks ago. I actually thought I was going bonkers, especially since the Psychologist who evaluated me for my SCS told me I had a tendency to "exaggerate" my symptoms. Believe me, I have told no one about these buzzing feelings because I have seriously started doubting myself after he told me that.

Thank you SO much for this here thread!