Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Almost 9 weeks out, progress is slow

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hello everyone, this is Linda, sorry I haven't posted, seems you get feeling a little better, & you can do other things besides sit & type on a laptop! I am walking quite a bit now, the trails we walk on are rather bumpy to say the least, I hope it isn't doing any damage :T They say to walk, walk & more walk, so I have been, but on a trail. It is really making my back sore, is it supposed to hurt for so long, after you walk, it seems I just have to go lay down, from the pain. Still am having the pain in my leg, I call it leg squeezing. I called the doc's office & told them about it, & they don't want me to get an MRI now, just an X-ray. They will probably end up sending me back for one. I still take my Vicoden ES every 7-8 hours, + my Methadone, 10mg 3xday. I tried going longer than 8 hours without taking the Vicoden, & it pounded like a bad toothache, (know what I mean?) I hope I can wean down soon, I don't want to battle getting off that stuff. I do go the night without waking most nights now, I usually take a Vicoden at 6:30 a.m. then again about 2:00 p.m. then at bed again. You surely know it when u don't. Let me know if you have any input on my walking in lots of pain situation & how you all do on your pain meds. I feel like I should be able to get off them, as far as my "mind" feels, but it isn't that easy. Do you all hurt a LOT after walks? Any input would be great. Hope u all are doing ok. God bless, Linda

• When I was told to walk after surgery it was on a flat and even surface so I wouldn't jolt my hips and back on anything uneven. I was also told to walk on a flat non-hilly track or road in order not to strain muscles right off the bat. I would take the sign that because you are so sore or hurting that much after a walk as a hint to slow down and not push it like you might be doing to accomplish more and more each day. Let your body heal as it needs to and not like you think it should. You need the meds right now and when the timing is right, you will figure out how to get off of them. Sometimes, as I have been told a lot lately, is that our minds get in the way of the rest of the body. I have to admit I have that problem quit frequently. Good luck and slow down, you have a lot of healing time yet ahead of you.