Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical/Facial symptoms

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi. I'm new here, so don't know if I'm doing this right. I saw some people have similar symptoms to mine, so I'm hoping someone can help me with my problems. I've had an old L shoulder/C 5,6,7, injury plus complications from that, including severe Migraines. My Xrays show Degenerative Disc Disease at C5,6,7 and bone spurs, Nerve Root Impingement at that level to my L arm. Nothing helps much. But, this is NEW! I started having numbness in my face, lips, etc. radiating to my scalp and ears and now even my teeth are painful and my tongue is going numb! On top of that, everyday when I get up, most of my face is SWOLLEN!! Quite puffy all over. I don't know what it is. Has anyone had these symptoms?? I went to an E.R. a week ago and the Doc thought it was a C1/2 nerve impingement, radiating to the face/trigeminal nerves. I need an MRI. Obviously with this suddenly starting, the swelling and numbness, I am worried. They called today and said I'm booked for mid- March for the MRI! I can't wait that long! Isn't that ridiculous? No wonder some people get worse, even die waiting for help and treatment! Please share anything that may help. Thanks a lot, Tracy

• When you got the apt. did you ask to be put on a cancellation list? i know what you mean i waited a long time for a couple of my mri's as well.i had the same levels affected that you did and i did have some facial involvement but mine would come and go.numbness of the side of my face ,it also affected my eyes,the doctors wouldn't agree but i know that it did.I'm not sure what the puffiness is about my face never got like that but my arms did.Hope you feel better soon.