Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Peter BPPeter B Posts: 511
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Alternative Treatments
I'm about to try this herbal supplement to see if it helps with inflammation from arthritis.
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience or knowledge of it.

• but have an online friend who swears by it. (She was diagnosed with MS, suffered for a few years, eventually tried Zyflamend and now doesn't have MS or nerve pain much at all anymore.) I have it on my list to try one of these days, but I guess I would have to order it online. I'm recovering now from the SCS procedure and don't want to do anything new. This will wait for a bit for me. Please do keep us posted on how you do with this.

• Thanks Cheri. It's always tricky trying new things as there can be so many variables anyway, you finish up not knowing what has done what.
    There are no miracle cures, and it is very difficult to find independent and trustworthy reviews of these sorts of things.
    Another respondent said that the levels of things in this particular supplement are too small to be of much use.
    So while it all sounds good,is it worth it?
    iHerb has the cheapest prices.
    Hope your SCS gives relief.
  • Peter,

I have tried the Zyflamend product, there is one for day and night. I think it helped. Sometimes it is hard to tell whether or not things work because I don't have consistent days of good or bad pain levels. I received some free samples at a health food store and the person working there was very knowledgable and encouraging. I think it did help. I am going to go back and purchase a bottle for the day time. The night time one seems to help with sleep.

Tam E.
  • For me the pain started 2 months ago. I had just finished 12 Folfox treatments and went on a two month break with Avastin only. My Onc. said it is a side affect of Avastin. I take one pill twice a day. As far as I can tel Zyflamend has had no bad side affects. You might want to check with your Onc. but from what I can tell it doesn't hurt to try it. It is available at most health food stores. My Onc said not to bother with aspiren, plus my blood is already thinned out by other meds.