Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain after microdiscectomy

Hi was reading everyones post , and I feel for each and everyone of you guys. I had my microdiscectomy on Nov 21 and have had sciatica so bad that it almost drives you insane. Have come back to work and sitting at my desk hurts so bad, sometimes I just go off to the restroom and cry. How in the world can anyone have any kind of normal life with this kind of pain! My husband just sits and looks at me helplessly..Had a L2-3 discectomy Have a herniation at L5-and SI tear in my thoracic and another tear at L3-L4

• Kentucky Girl, I know where you are coming from with the tears in the bathroom. I continue to have sciatica pain after having a discectomy (endoscopic) in Jul 08.

These are the things that work to relieve my pain: warm water stretches and exercising; icing (even sitting in cold water helps); wearing a decompression belt to help the nerve have room (DDS system); and taking Diclofenic (pres anti-inflam) and Neurontin (nerve med they give to shingles patients).

Are you doing PT?

L5 S1 herniated and collapsed disc - Feb 2006
    Endoscopic discectomy - Jul 2008
  • Hi wishful I am not doing PT at this time due to a insurance issue, I have tried walking on the treadmill and it just caused flare up of pain , I have also tried doing stretches and they causes pain to. I just want to be normal again..
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    There is an identical thread, same author, almost exact same discussions going on in : pain after microdisectomy

Only one of the two threads should remain open. Since its the Pain after microdisectomy and NOT microdiscetomy
    I would think the Pain after.....

But, I will let the author decide which one should go
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hi I really dont understand your reply , I am new her and was only looking for support, I dont understand how these forum things work. I read your story and I think you are amazing to have gone through all you hav e and still be so upbeat.I am not as optomistic as you I am battleing depression because of my back problems. Been racing barrels and riding since I was a child and now I am lucky just to get to the shower.Sorry if i was runny a continuos thread or whatever you said I was doing, just looking for a light at the end of this bleak tunnel..