Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need help with confusing MRI's of my cervical spine

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello..I am a 34 y/o with chronic pain in my neck and back accompanied by numbness. I was in a rollover MVA in Jan.2005 and have gone downhill since. I had an MRI in Feb. 2005 that revealed the following: C2-3: otherwise unremarkable, C3-4: central and left sided disc buldge,contcting the thecal sac, C4-5: central disc buldge and some uncovertibral spurring are noted, C5-6: central and right sided disc buldge contacts the thecal sac, and C6-7-T1: otherwise unremarkable. I recently( Sept.2007) that stated: no focal disc protrusion or stenosis is noted throughout the cervical spine. I have severe headaches, numbness/pain that goes into my shoulder blades, arms, and my neck hurts all the time. Is it possible that these problems that were revealed were missed or could they possibly go away? I'm not sure what to believe as I am in constant pain.( I also have disc degeneration at L4-5..if that could cause pain like stated above). I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia due to all my pain. I would like another opinion into what to make of all this. Thank You! :)))

• Welcome to spine-health. There is no one here who is qualified to read a mri. So I can't give you a opinion of what your MRI says. However I can tell you since the MRI showed some things you may want to get a new MRI. That MRI is rather old. Your symptoms may have gotten worse over time due the protrusions getting worse. Without a new MRI you will never know this. Here is a video that may help you understand some of your pain. http://www.spine-health.com/video/cervical-radiculopathy-interactive-video Feel free to browse the site and find more information. Good luck and look forward to reading more of your post.
  • Thanks tamtam for your quick response and the link. I may have worded all of that wrong. I wasn't asking for an opinion on what the MRI said as I stated what they both said. The one I had in 2005 revealed problems and the one in 2007 revealed nothing. I was basically curious as to whether anyone else may have had similar problems and have had them all just go away. Thanks again!
  • It's unusual that it didn't mention the discs that were previously bulged but since I'm not a Dr. I don't know if that could happen. With your severe headaches you should see your Dr. soon. Are the headaches new? because if so you need medical attention. Take care and hope you find some answers. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks for the response Charry. No, I've had the headaches all along and they are relentless. They last all day with no relief even with Advil,Tylenol,etc. I see my primary doctor regularly and she's done all kinds of tests and she was actually the one who ordered the MRI that I had done in 2007. I see her again on Monday and am going to see about getting a new one. I have pain, stiffness, and tingling along with these headaches also. I get stabbing pains if I turn my head too. I've had all kinds of tests done as well as seeing a neurologist and rheumatologist. Both my doctor and the rheumatologist say it's Fibromyalgia. I have lots of other problems besides this so it may well be Fibromyalgia for those but I don't think so for my neck. Thanks again!
  • I was in a roll over MVA so I know what a headache can feel like after that. Having a new MRI is a terrific idea. I wouldn't second guess the first MRI but I might the second. I'm not sure about the neck pain and Fibro. I know there are 19 points of pain that can make up a Fibro dianosis. Wait until you see what your PCP has to say. Get a copy of your MRI on CD and the report too. Sounds like you have the reports from the other two and you will want this one too.