Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

running and neck disc prolaps.

miss grumpymmiss grumpy Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi every one. can any one tell me why i cant run with a herniated disc at c7 to t1?. is all i keep getting told is to wait , but iv been waiting since july, i see my dr in march,
if i just have numbness and tingling in my fingers could this mean that the disc might of gone back where it belongs. and these are just long term after effect.?

• I am sure that your doctor has asked you to wait for a reason and it could have something to do with the tingling sensation that you're describing. I know for me I'll be having a nerve conduction study to find out where that tingling feeling is coming from. Numbness and tingling means there is an irritated nerve somewhere. No it doesn't have to be a long term affect. I had hand surgery many years ago and had that some tingling in my pinky finger which was caused by my ulnar nerve (the one that runs through your elbow). The doctor said let's wait and see if it's just angry because it got moved around during surgery and so we did and it went away. With my ACDF surgery however the tingling is different this time and is in my thumb and goes all the way up to my elbow sometimes and actually causes my wrist to hurt. Since this is my dominant hand I need it looked into. I use my right hand alot like now typing. Too much and my thumb gets really mad. Nerves are funny little creatures and they don't like being moved or messed with AT ALL. Does your doctor know that you have this tingling feeling? Since I don't see that you've had any surgeries you could have a pinched nerve in your neck and I am pretty sure running would put stress on it more than you or I could know. But this is just my opinion. Make sure you doctor knows about the tingling. It's not normal.