Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Well its that time again:(

crashhccrashh Posts: 40
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well folks, hi again. I was called by my surgeons nurse on wed evening to come in first thing in the morning on thurs.
I am going to have a new surgery- spinal fusion.
PLF/TLIF using cadavor bones and pull stem cell from my hip bone. Into the same incision as my discectomy. alof PT, but I will have that at home instead of 100 miles away. He will close with staples after 2 weeks after. There will be hardware. 6months MMI. I think iI will be having this surgery in the next 30-45 days. He says I need to ween myself off the pain meds until then. I dont know I am going to work like this:( So tell e what I am in for folks? What are some good things for me to purchase to help me after the surgery? My nerves are totally shot. thanks in advance.

• I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! You hang in there! Hey, if you can make it through all the mess you have since your first surgery, this should be a walk in the park for you!

One thing is the ability to use the bathroom. If you wean off the pain meds, that will help tremendously. Also lots of water and fiber.

You can do it!

• My thoughts and prayers go with you. You can do this! I'm glad you won't have to travel for PT.
  • That's what we say in the south when we want to make sure that you know how sincerely concerned we are. I will keep you in all thoughts and prayers. Post as often as you can to keep us all abreast of your situation. You have friends here and a wonderful support system. Keep your chin up!
  • You hang in there, Crashh. It'll be over before you know it and with all the prayers and well wishes everyone has for you, you'll be good as new!

Keep us posted!
  • I hope this does the trick for you!! When I had my 3rd surgery, I wasn't yet on major meds and haven't had to wean off. That might be tough, but you will glad after surgery that you did so. Having just been in the hospital (for other reasons) as an opioid-tolerant patient, I NEVER want to be in that position again.

Good luck!!