Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

why did my neuro call today and want me to come in tomorrow

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
I am a brand new member. I had a microdiscectomy on Feb 1st, 2008 on my L4 L5. They took out a 25mm herniation. After the surgery I recovered quickly and by 3 months post op was fully back to normal. Recently, I have been slowly feeling worse and worse. Finally, on Christmas Eve, when I woke up I couldn't walk. It was horrible, because the doctors were all out until after the holiday. The following Tues I went and got epidural injections then this week I got an mri. The neuro wasnt going to see me until next Friday to discuss the mri, but his office called me this afternoon and said he received the report today and he wants me to come in tomorrow. I am concerned why he would want to see me right away. Has this happened to anyone else? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks

• I guess tomorrow will tell why he wants to see you. Unfortunately, no one here will be able to know for sure. Just make sure you write all of your questions on a paper so you stay focused and get all the information and help you need from him. Keep us posted on your appointment as we are here for help and support.
    Good luck tomorrow.
  • it when docs scare us like that, but on that other hand, be thankful they are getting right on it. Just because they may have seen something doesn't mean it is horribly bad, so try to take some deep breaths tonight, relax if possible, and let us know the minute you can after your appointment.

Take care,

• I agree with Cheri. Try not to get too upset about it until you know for sure that there is something to be upset about. I know how scarey the unknown can be but sometimes what we imagine is much worse than the actuality. Please post as soon as your appt, is over and let us know. We will be here to support you no matter what the outcome of the visit. Good luck.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are having problems after your surgery. there could be any number of reasons he wants to see you early. :? maybe he had to schedule a surgery on your appointment day!! could be! anyway, try and relax and don't worry till you have too. I) good luck with your doctor. =D> please keep us informed! Jenny :)
  • We can only guess why the Dr. wants to see you. But please let us know what he says, we're here to listen and support you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sometimes things happen that seem scary but really aren't. In the pre-op room, my surgeon told my hubby and me that he would send a nurse into the waiting room after my surgery to let him know it was over and I was in recovery. Hubby (Tony) said he was in the room and all these nurses kept coming in and tell various other families that their loved one's surgery went well. Then Tony looks up and here comes my surgeon. He's thinking, "OMG, what happened to her..." He was terrified until the surgeon told him all went well. Why didn't he send in his nurse? We'll never know, but nothing serious.

Good luck and keep us posted!