Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

18 years post op......

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
:| I am searching for information on long term post op L5/S1 spinal fusion with steffe plate. 1990 - had car accident, 6 months later had surgery. I was told at the time I may possibly be in a wheel chair in 10 to 15 years. I am not in a wheel chair at this time. However, I am 44 having to have a hip resurfacing (I think possibly due to the spinal fusion). I am a disabled vet I have arthritis in both ankles. Pending right knee replacement, left knee getting as bad as right. I am now experiencing tingling and numbness in both legs, and occasionaly in my arms, and I've started to experience hemmoroids again. At the spot of my surgery I am extremely sore and tender to the touch. Does anyone have any advice as to long term outcomes of this surgery?

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i want to thank you for your service to our country!! =D> i have heard how difficult it is to get proper care in the VA. i hope this does not include you. there is a forum here on "Arthritis" you might want to check into. i don't have your problem but we do have pain in common. :D good luck as you search for pain relief. Jenny :)
  • I do not have any advice to offer but did want to say welcome. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • I had back surgery in 02. Now I am in pain and have developed new "conditions". BWC case and all the lawyers want to do is haul me into court. Nothing being done to figure out whats up and do something about it. I need someone to tell me something to keep me from going insane. :S
  • :) sad sandi, i see this is your first post and i want to welcome you as well. :H perhaps you want to post in "Depression" or " Matters of the Heart" for more input. please do not feel you are alone. we care here on the forum!! >:D< Jenny :)