Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck & Head Pain

BlueBBlue Posts: 74
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Just asking if anyone else has experienced pain on the top of the head, while having cervical issues. I was injured 1.5 years ago in an accident and ever since, I have found it somewhat painful to have pressure put on the top of my head for example from the spray of a shower, I have to deflect it first. I have had an MRI of the neck that indicated various herniations from C4-T1 with the worst at C5/6. I also have found, the back of my head- closer to the top, has the same sort of painful to touch sensation. I wonder if this has been caused by the way my head moved in the accident. I know everything is connected, but I am just wondering how common head pain is with cervical issues. This is different than a headache/migraine, because it hurts to touch. I have reported it to my family doctor and he is aware of it.

• that's a new one to me! i've been on here for quite a while and as of now your the only one i've read with that problem,not to say ohters haven't posted with that problem just saying i haven't talked to anyone with pain there before,usually its somewhere on the sides of there faces or like a headache coming from the back of there neck.Did you ever have a cat scan done after your accident to rule out cranial problems?Good luck with this one.
  • I had C5/6 herniation and had surgery last March. I had my pain in the back of my neck, shoulders and down my arm, into my hand with numbness in my fingers. That is not to say that is the only pain you can have, everyone is different and feels pain in different ways. Have you gone to an Ortho or Neuro Doctor with any of these issues? If not I would find one to take a look at your MRI. It is good that your family doctor is working with you, but you may need someone with more experience.
    Let us know how you are doing and if you get any answers. Take care.
  • I have had a headache since a semi slammed me into a rock wall. I'm seeing a Neurologist now for it. You're right it's a lot different than a typical migraine. That was a tough thing for me to explain to doctors. It was a feeling more of pressure and came on all of a sudden instead of building like a migraine does. After looking at my MRI though I was diagnosed with a condition called Chiari Malformation. So now I have an an answer for my headache pain.
  • I appreciate all of your threads. I was wondering how common, actual head pain was. I was speaking with my doctor today and she talked to me about the nerve passage ways. She thinks it is nerve related, which makes sense because the pain shoots down the arm, to the thumb as well. It is funny how our body work, and how the nerves send pain messages. I am sure with research, we will, in our lifetimes learn much more about how pain signals work.