Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
:( Hi everybody, My name's Carol aka Giddyone, I'm a newbie from London, UK, suffering terribly at the moment & feeling very low. Keep it short, I have a long history of health problems thoughout my adult life but the last 12 years has seen my life change so much it is unrecognisable from the life I knew back then. My main problem is chronic back pain & immobility, the pain is now unrelenting & it is driving me insane today. I have lost my job of 20 years which I loved dearly, I lost an 11 year relationship with my beloved partner & best friend, I have lost my independence, I have lost my mobility, I have lost my old self & almost my sanity ,I have lost my confidence but most of all I have lost the life which I had & loved. All this because of my problems & my pain. That's all I'll say for now, today I am very sad & can't see a way forward. Thanks for letting me speak.

• That's sad that your partner didn't stay with you. I know chronic pain can be hard for our partners as well as ourselves. Losing your career is hard too it was a part of you. It's hard that we have to grieve and lose the things we love. Learning acceptance can be a difficult experience but it's essential for us to go on. We have to love ourselves and seperate it from what we have to go through. Positive affirmations have helped me in every area of my life. Are you on disability and do you have a place of your own? or are you able to stay with family? I hope you feel better soon. We're here to support you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Everyone you meet here is great and will be most helpful. Welcome aboard. :H
  • I am so sorry to hear of all the pain and suffering you are going through and all that you have lost. It really is difficult to deal with chronic pain and not have loving supportive people around you. Fear no more, you have met us and we care and understand. I too lost my career of 11 yrs. At 31, an 11 yr career is a lifetime. My husband is far from supportive and can't understand why I just don't get up and clean the house or get back to work. Are you on antidepressants? It sounds like you are very depressed which is common with chronic pain. Is there a support group around you that you could go to in addition to being on here? Do you have a church you attend or considered joining?

I hope you start to feel better soon and find this site to be helpful and supportive.
  • I am truly sorry that you have reached such a low. Most of us here can relate to the losses felt when we have a chronic disease. Please know that you are not alone. This is a great place to come for understanding and support. I do not know your personal situation but I feel that if we lose people because of our sickness then maybe they were not the person that we thought they were. True love is there through better and worse, thick and thin. Don't give up things will get better. Are you seeing a doc for Pain Management? Sometimes our only option is the meds but it is a better option than living in severe pain every waking second. I am so glad that you found us because you will find many caring and supportive folks here that are always here to listen any time that you need us. Please post and let us know how you are doing and what method of pain management that you are using.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. perhaps you can find some comfort being with others who are suffering as you are. there is no need to feel alone ever. :D please stop by anytime you feel the need. good luck and i do hope you find pain relief soon. =D> Jenny :)
  • It is heartbreaking to read your story but we truly understand and most have been where you are one time or another, or certainly fear it. The incessant pain is what would get me the most. If I just could have gotten a break now and then, or so I thought.

Are you in active treatment? Do you have anything yet to try?

We're here for support, to listen and to help. Take care and keep us posted. Welcome!!