Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dr. report and Work Comp continuing?

adambaadamb Posts: 46
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I have been receiving workers comp and just recently had an MRI, I was wondering I know the Work Comp goes by Dr. report if the Dr.sees the MRI and after revue sees there is nothing new and there is no further surgery needed, can he remove you from Work Comp. or will he, being the Dr. keep you on it because you are still unable to work due to the fact I am still in discomfort and pain? ANy replies would be great
Thank You

• I'm kinda at that point now as well and my comp insurance is sending to IME (independent medical examination )and my doctor said just tell them you still in pain and not ready to get a fusion so I can't return to work .
  • In my situation the surgeons have done all they can do. They know there is a problem and that i could only work in a limited capacity. But at this point there is nothing the surgeon can do and when that happens they make you MMI(maximum medical improvement). Now moving on to the pain management doctor since they are under the pressure of work comp they as well make you MMI. The difference being they say you will always need treatment but after a certain point they are not going to make you any better, but will continue to treat you. So if they are no longer keeping you out of work but on life time restrictions, you are considered maximum medical improvement and work comp will turn off your income. So where does this leave you. It leaves you to take remedy through the work comp court system either filing permanent disability or partial disability. In the state that I'm in work comp is only responsible to return you back to some type of work not your previous level of employment. I always tell anyone involved in work comp to get to know the laws of your state. You may even browse your state's site and find the actually cases that have been filled. If anything they are a good read and you can learn a lot about what to expect.