Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Today is my 6 month anniversary...

inafixiinafix Posts: 158
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
AND.....drum roll..........

I went back to work today as a rural mail carrier! (finally)

I did really well. Parcels were on the light side and the letter count wasn't too bad. I worked from 7-2:30. There were a couple of movements that let me know..maybe do it a little different, so I did. I was/am very tired but I did it!! I should only be working 1-2 days a week for a couple of weeks so I am feeling pretty good about it. Hang in there, there is hope!

• I am so happy for you. =D> <:P Just to mention I made it easier for our post person. We put our letterbox at the bottom step handrail on the outside of our house to make it easier for the postperson. It's more difficult for me to go down the steps to get the mail though so my husband gets the mail. A major factor was we just got insulation and vinyl siding on our house and I didn't want the box on the house. Our postperson has a little 3 wheeled cart that she pushes in front of her when she has heavy parcels. I bet she had a back injury or trying to avoid one! How do you get around Inafix? Do you have a little truck? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I drive my car (steering on the left) from the passenger seat. So my left leg and foot have to reach. I have a bench seat, which helps. I'm probably not making this a long-term career after all the back issues. My NS was not terribly supportive but did allow me to go back with some (unspoken) guidelines. Everyone at work has been very supportive.

I had to get back to work to help my husband feed our 3 teenagers lol.

Hang in there Paulgla, I know it stinks.

Charry that is so nice of you to think of your mail carrier like that. It really adds up when we have so many boxes to serve (between 600-700 a day ;o)
  • Absolutely fantastic news! As always, don't overdo. Good job! You give us all hope!
  • Hi Kelly Jo, that is terrific <:P <:P Just remember as it gets easier, don't slack off on your good habits. I keep reminding myself of that as well. Any chance of moving to a job at the post office some day? Keep up the good work, good to see you on here again. >:D< Cali-Sue