Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello All ,What a great site ! I have many questions for you all.Don't know where to start so I will sleep on it(or maybe I should say, attempt to sleep on it,at least for a couple of hours I hope) and talk to you all tomorrow.Looking forward to it. Sincerely, Jackie

• Nice to meet you and let us know you're history when you're ready. We're here to support you. I hope you get a few hours of sleep in. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am glad that you found this site as you will find lots of understanding and support. I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • Welcome to Spine Health!! Have a great night's rest and we'll talk tomorrow!

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. drop by the "Sleep Problem" forum if you are awake tonight. I) i look forward to reading your posts. :D Jenny :)
  • Good Morning Everyone, I am new to this site and new to computers so please bear with me.I am a 55 yr old woman with severe OA.Started in 97.Had my R hip replaced in02.Back has always been bad due to 30 years of working with horses(i.e.lifting,bending etc)Had a fracture in lower back I didn't know I had(too many times being thrown off)Then the sciatica started in R leg typical pain all down leg.Treated with prednizone and finally some relief.Meanwhile,broke r ankle,don't know how,it just startd hurting.Then the sciatica hit the left side Hard-tried everything 3 esi no relief.I am a hardhead( I am told) and gritted my teeth for about 8 months ,had an MRI and EMG showed lots of DDD and 3 pinched nerves.Meanwhile,R shoulr aches badly and ortho doc says I need a replacement but injected it with 2 cortzone which didn't help so he put 5 injects of Supartz which helped immmensly,but when he x rayed my shouldes he asked when I had broken my collar bone as he found a fracture on each which had healed(but that explains my soreness in that area.But I digress,back to the back,finaly had back surgy in April 08,laminectomy on L-4,L-5,S-5,S-1 and extensive foramin onL-5 root,S-1 root,and inferiorL-4 root on left side,It helped for awhile but has since gone bad again,no feeling below left knee,and 3 or 4 episodes a day of severe burning on left shin,Right leg has decided to join the fun but the pain is following a different course-starts in r buttock,but goes into inside of r thigh very painful,sneezing or coughing is the worst ,and will trip on a pebble or stub my leg angthe pain is out of the world !Is this sciatica or what is it? And just so we don't leave arthritis out,I had my L hip replaced in Aug 08.Does sciatica cause severe leg cramps and foot cramps?I sleep(if I can sleep )on the very edge of the bed so I can get up quick in the night when the cramps hit hard.Sorry this has been so long winded.Sincerely,Jackie
  • Looks like you did very well to be new to computers. Glad to have you here and look forward to hearing more from you.
    The cramping that you are experiencing may be muscle spasms. You may need a muscle relaxer to help with that. Have you mentioned this to your doc yet?
  • Hello, I just found this sight tonight! I am really excited about it and have so many questions! Can't wait to get some responses that might help.
  • this site has an endless amount of info for most. careful u don't fall out of bed sleeping so close to the edge. again welcome to spine health.
  • I get leg cramps and pain. As well as a muscle relaxer I use the heating pad(never overnight!) and lyrica and amitriptyline. That's rough you've been through so much. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN