Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A pa Rough Month

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Matters of the Heart
This past month has been kind of rough. Xmas week I had the flu. This was followed by a urinary tract infection (rare in men I'm told but I'm diabetic). I'm taking antibiotics along with my pain meds (morphine, lyrica, vicodin).

My pain from my cervical DDD has gotten progressively worse in the past month as well and spread from my left hand-arm-shoulder to my right arm-hand-shoulder) and increased. I do see the second opinion neurosurgeon this coming Tuesday Jan 13th.

I do help with my daughter and our two grandsons (5 and 2 yrs old). My daughter has Multiple Sclerosis and has a hard time walking. I go with her every weekday morning in her Van to take her 5 yr old to school. That way she doesn't have to take the 2 year old along when she walks James to his classroom. I wait in the Van and watch our 2 year old grandson during this time.

I'd prefer to stay in bed longer. My 15 year old cat sarah (she is a beautiful tabby) wakes me up early (usually 6 am) because she wants to be fed a can. At that point I take a shower and get up.

Some of this routine plus all the pain progression gets very depressing. But I'm hanging in there.

Ken GreyEagle

• :) hi!! :D atleast the routine is getting you up and about!! having a program each morning is so key to setting your life in motion. i hope on those days you really can't make it, you are given a break though!! ~X( those days do happen.. i am sure your daughter is so grateful for your help and it is so good for your grandchildren to see you each morning!! :X take it easy after you are done. you have done a whole days worth of work for someone with pain problems!!! my cat of 18 years recently passed on and i still miss her standing in the kitchen each morning. :D take care of yourself and get yourself revved up by stopping by the forum. we are always happy to listen and hand out support!! =D> Jenny :)
  • Glad to see you, sorry for your progressing pain, try some light mobility and stretching for your arm?
    I hope this new years is good to you and yours! I use thermacare pads at night for my neck, helps relax the muscles and keeps the pain down a bit, some of them gett a little hotter than others though,
    good for you helping out your daughter n the grankids, your storing up good deeds!
    hope the cold isnt too bad where your at, its round 60 here in S.Tx
    Purring used to wake me up in the morning as the day came in on little cats feet! but its been years since the day has come like that
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I'm gonna hafta check out those thermapads. Here in NW Washington we had 3 feet of snow for Christmas and our temperatures were around 20 degrees. Its warmed up now to a scortching 40 degrees. Lol. A lot of snow for several weeks followed by rain and rain and rain! Finally, this coming week is supposed to be sunny days Tuesday thru Saturday! Yay!

My wife was born in Dallas because her Dad went to Dallas Theological Seminary. He married us 35 years ago. I will check out those thermapads! Thanks for the information! It is kinda difficult where to put heating pads and such when the pain is so widespread.

What's funny is every time I complain about my pain my daughter will say, 'Yep! I hurt all the time too with my MS!" Then I feel kinda guilty.

This morning I started having tingling in my little finger and one right next to it on my right hand again. It hasn't stopped and its 2 in the afternoon. But that stuff comes and goes on both hands. I'll mention it to the neuro on Tuesday.

Thanks much!

Ken GreyEagle
  • Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner, getting ready for and now here at school...dang full moon has kept me up! hope your well and warm up north! Sending a Texas hug t you and yours in the great white north of the red river. try the thermacare pads yet? well gotta go but talk atchu later!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health