Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain in neck from injury now causing tingling in arms

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Greetings all,
of course I came across this forum while researching the neck pain I have been experiencing.
Last October I received an injury while someone violently grabbed something that I was holding onto and caused my body to be twisted from side to side until I lost my grip of what I was holding.
It was all too sudden and unexpected- which is why I did not immediately let go!
My immediate concern was a LH rotator cuff injury I was nursing, but a few days later I was experiencing SEVERE neck pain. My neck was VERY stiff and could not move it at all. After several months now, may Dr visits and lots of PT, the pain is still here ( sharp pain in base of neck) now with new symptons; My pinky fingers get numb at night and sometimes other fingers (index), my LH arm is tingly all the time with some mild pain down arm into the hand. Of course my sleep is severly disturbed due to all this.
The MRI shows no major damage and the X-Ray shows nothing major either. I am scheduled for a EMG in two weeks.
Someone mentioned a C7 impinged nerve?
Questions are:
1) If the C7 is pinched, what other functions are affected ( my sexual activity seems to be effected too).
2) How long will this herniation last IF that's what it is?
3) Am I looking for the wrong solutions?
All thoughts are greatly appreciated as I want to rid myself of this pain and discomfort ASAP.

• I can answer only one of your questions the others I will leave to someone more experienced then me. If you look at a Dermatone Chart you might see that a C7 nerve issue might cause tingling in your pinky and ring finger. Probably up through your elbow and might be symptomatic of ulnar nerve entrapment which is called Cupital Tunnal Syndrome. I've been dealing with that one for years since I had surgery on my wrists. I have never received any treatment for it because after a few months it seemed to have resolved on it's own. I may have had tingling a couple times a year which lasted a day or two but was more of a bother than debilitating pain. Hope this helps.