Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new patient

k3painkk3pain Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Chronic Pain
hi, i started researching my condition a year ago and i always end up here,and find the best advice over the internet,but i never posted before, so here goes.

i had a charite disc disc surgery a year ago and ever since i have had severe chronic pain that is worse than before. i talked to my doc and they said i have ankylosis spondylitis, i went to a well know arthritis group and they said i did not have anything wrong like that but they did not say my surgery xrays/ and mri's were clean. i have been to numerous doctors but no one knows anything about adr and/or wont say anythings wrong. but anyways, next week i am going to a pain clinic and im really nervous. my physiatrist back doctor has me on 20 mg oxy 2x and 5 norcos a day. she is always trying to lower my dose and it took numerous panic calls and visits to get to that dosage. well now i feel much better that ive been on the oxy's for awhile and know that i can live a better life now with a higher dose and maybe 3.but i know when i see her next she'll cut me down instead of raising it, so thats why i i am going to the pain clinic. maybe they will be my med doctor, but when i see them should i be off the meds so they know im in pain, or should i go in on the oxy and let all my reports, pictures, and referals do the talking.the day after my pain clinic i see my back doctor.

• the talking is what my opinion would be. No need to suffer just to show the doc that you would without the meds. Your records should tell the tale. I am so sorry that you have had such issues with ADR. My doc tells me that the artificial discs have a long way to go before being perfected. He would not even consider that a good option for me because they are still imperfect and in the beginning phases. Good luck with your doc and please keep us posted.
This discussion has been closed.