Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

13 1/2 weeks out. Need some help.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Chronic Pain
Well 13 weeks out and I still have lots of pain, still going down the right leg to the foot.
I am still wearing the brace that I have to wear untill the nineteenth of Jan.
I am still on alot of meds. Major Drugs.
Have file for SSDI back in June of 08 nothing yet.
Have almost zero out our savings, holding our Breath, that this would work,
Scott Russo." perforned the surgery, I had Bars put in to hold up my spine, My other Nero, left me in the dark, He said that learn to live with the pain.
I was hurt when I fell on a piece of Ice at work,
With out the meds I could not even type on this computer.
I have had injectons, this did not work, as a matter of fact, I started having pain else where.
was told to stop pain clinic,
then I had fusion l5 s1, I ahd smassed all the nerves going down the right leg.
Was told that my fusion would strenthen my lower back, but no gurante that my nerves would be better, as a matter of fact, It could be worse,
well he got that right.
Now it is worse, I do not know where to go, what to do.
I hear a lot. but nothing that makes me feel like what I am doing will work.
anyone got a better Idea.?

• Have you done PT yet? I had L5/S1 fusion done 7/1/08 (6 months ago) through my stomach and I still have a lot of nerve pain too. I've been told it could take up to a year for the nerves to regenerate and go back to normal. I am going to a neuro at the end of this month to have a test done to see if there is any permanent nerve damage cuz docs say I shouldn't be in this much pain. Is it just nerve pain you have or does your back still hurt too? I wish I had more advice for you. I can offer support and sometimes that helps to just chat with people who understand what you are feeling and going through.
  • are you taking anything for nerve pain? It really makes a big difference if the nerves are what is causing your pain. Most of us probably understand the financial strain that being out of work can cause. If you could use some help with your food bill, please see my post in the water cooler section. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • Maybe you should start getting some consultations with some lawyers for your disability. I hope you start feeling better soon. Maybe soom aqua therapy could help when approved by your Surgeon. I know you'll feel better with money coming in though. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • most docs will say this is too early to give up on healing. I also had nerve pain even after the surgeries and had to wait 2 years (1 year post final surgery) for a doc to order and EMG and discover - Wow, you have permanent S1 nerve damage, Cheri. Well duh, I knew that but couldn't prove it!!

Here's hoping your nerves are just really unhappy, inflamed and soon to heal. Have you tried the nerve meds (usually Lyrica, Neurontin or Cymbalta)? I couldn't tolerate them but many people report amazing relief.

Hang in there - I'm sorry you are suffering!!

This discussion has been closed.