Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,831
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Chronic Pain
has anyone filled charges with the eoc? due to failure of accomodations and forcing me to go back to work before i was ready, i am contacting the eeoc. i filled out the form and have sent it back. this is the form that starts the process,intake questionarre. have you had any luck with charges and have they supported you? i am curious if i am wasting my time filing charges against my employeer. i was forced to go back to work too early after my last surgery, my accomodations were not followed by work and i was harrassed when i got back, bad evaluation after 21 years of teaching, and principal stating that i got this because i went out the same time 2 years in a row
help please
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.

• I think youron the right track, dont forget the co ins. will fight dirty...so keep or find all the paperwork and other evidence you have
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I know you're doing the right thing. It won't be easy and it will take a lot of your energy, but stay strong and be persistent. Things will go your way.
  • If anyone ever deserves to win on the merits of EOC, it is YOU. You have truly been treated in such an unacceptable manner that I hope your "employer" learns a "valuable" lesson!

Truer words were never spoken than: "document, document; then document some more!" I remember when I worked for civil service (serving the civils), your desk calendar could be used as evidence if you happened to have "jotted" down specific notes. You seem like the type of person who has his ducks in a row when the time comes.

Go get 'em, tiger! Let us know how things turn out for you. We are all behind you 100% (kind of like that cellular company with all those people standing behind the guy with the cell phone "Can you hear me NOW?" - that's us!)

• i got a list of 3 lawyers from legal referral service. i had to pay $60 to get names. i called up all three and guess what 3 days later and not one has called me back. i gave a brief description of what was going on. they said they will get back to me. well i am still waiting. i am not going to hold my breath. no wonder lawyers have a bad reputation

I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Sometimes it just takes them a while to research your statements, the laws pertaining to your circumstance, to see if any other complaints have been filed against your employer (or the school board) for similar circumstances, other precedents, etc. I am confident you will receive a call back by Friday. If not call them back! You have that right to ask if they are going to help you or not.

I can't believe you had to PAY to get their name/numbers! Gees.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress (or the lack of at this point).

• Jon...I filed with EEOC after I was fired for returning to work. EEOC interviewed me, then issued me a "right to sue" letter, which no lawyer would even talk to me unless I had received that from EEOC.
    I ultimately used the leverage of the right to sue letter to negotiate a adequate settlement with the work comp case.

So, keep records, make notes of incidents on the job, send emails whenever possible to your Boss, and print a copy of all responses. I would call EEOC once a week to find out status of their process....they will shuffle you around, unless you keep your name in front of them.

Good Luck..
This discussion has been closed.