Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

is a clicking noise - then pain bad?

baffledbbaffled Posts: 375
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have dealing with pain thoracic since 4/07 - and neck pain 12/07. in jan last year an mri was done on my cervical - from what i have come to understand - never saw the report myself - that there is some arthritis (pm doc) with facet and a small bulge (neuro doc) - nothing to be concerned about. I had radiofrequency in both sides of cervical that did help with pain - but has worn off. But over the last 3-4 mnths i have become very concerned about the cervical. I have had increase pain with any neck movement pain thru my neck and thoracic.

But today I was bent over looking for something and had my left arm out infront of me and it hurt thru my shoulder and neck, and T area. I heard a loud click and man - am I in pain!!!!thru the shoulder blade up my left side of neck. WOW

I am scheduled to see my doc on Friday - but is that bad to hear a click and then pain? Not sure if anyone else has had that experience. Or maybe it means nothing.

Hope all are well and thanks for your feed back

• I hear clicking and then get pain all the time, but the pain will resolve. I have a tendon that catches on something and then pops loose.

HOWEVER, talk to your doc and see what he thinks.

• i was thinking tendon too - and after a few hours the intensity of the pain did lighten. When they would pop my facets in my T back into place i would hear that loud pop like when you crack your finger nuckles.

thanks adn take care
  • Baffled , I agree with C , mention it to the doctor and see what he has to say. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about. Please keep us posted as to what you find out....all my best to you....take care....Miki