Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C4-C5 mild stenosis showed on MRI but a lot of symptoms...?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 51,465
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hello all, I new here and my English is not very good - sorry for that :-C

Now, here is my problem ...

2 years(2007 march) ago after 3 months extreme stress I started with a lot of MS symptoms, almost all - tingling, thigh cramps, blurred vision,mild weakness etc. I made 1 year ago head MRI which was clear and then C-spine (4 months ago) agai clear. Also all my reflexes are ok. The neuro said no MS.
But I started to weel weakness in the left arm and leg at the same time (dec 2007) also pain in the left shoulder and shoulder blade. My laft arm became very weak, If I lift someth. started to tremble, but not my hand it was ok only the arm. Then it got better and the problem disappears.
Last year (sep 2008) it started again also with the leg weakness and off balance. Thas why I made the C-spine MRI which showed mild stenosis on c4,5 level.
But I notice that if I bend my neck down to my chests I feel buzz in the arms and now in the right calf. I think that its called Lhermitte's, now I 'm very afraid because its a symptom of MS.
I have it also if I'm standing or walking.
Is it possible to feal that Lhermittes from the mild stenosis? And what should I do, I have to visit again my neuro who will say not to worry for Ms because there are no lesions or to neurosurgeon?

advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,302
    They can't "see" pain, radiculopathy, paraesthesia, etc.

Get a second ... third ... forth opinion ... get some answers from the alleged "experts" ... be the squeeky wheel!

D
  • Hi and welcome to SH. Maybe your doctor can send you to have a ct/myelogram. It was the gold standard before the MRI came along and it detects more than the MRI can. It is more invasive but it may answer what is going on.
  • Hellp again , I did a new MRI last week who showed C-T1 herniation.
    Also I noticed that if I take a very hot shower my "Lhermittes " almost disappears? Maybe its coming from the herniation....
  • nokia1 said:
    Hellp again , I did a new MRI last week who showed C-T1 herniation.
    Also I noticed that if I take a very hot shower my "Lhermittes " almost disappears? Maybe its coming from the herniation....
    It prob is the stenosis a hot shower feels great for me also
advertisement