Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 months post op and feeling great

cliffy1012ccliffy1012 Posts: 92
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Good News
well its been 3 months since my 2 level acdf surgery c4-c6.prior to surgery i had achy legs,loss of sensitivity in hands and feet,i would stagger,arms hurt from shoulder to elbow. by the end of the day after walking 10 miles as a mailman i could barely move due to body hurting and swelling.
no sleep due to pains.was taking diff meds to help ease pain.
since my surgery my sensitivity has come back,legs dont hurt,arms dont hurt(shoulders still a little stiff)dont stagger anymore.i was able to walk right away and havent stopped since. no more sleepless nights. i have been getting 7-8 hrs of restless sleep!! and to be able to have a smile on my face all day instead of the painful face ive been carrying is the best!!! people have seen a difference in my attitude. the only meds i take now is tylenol and thats only once or twice a week. so my decision for this surgery was the right one. to get rid of 90% of my symptoms is a good thing. i can deal with the other 10% since it isnt everyday. so good luck to all who have or had this surgery!!


  • Cliffy that is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is always so great to hear of a positive outcome especially when we do deal with so many negative ones on a daily basis....a story like yours gives us all hope that it can get better.....thank you for taking the time to share. Please keep us posted as you can and the best of luck to you in the future....all my best to you and yours , Miki
  • Congratualtion's glad you are feeling good.IM 5 weeks post op since my operation.so far so good.....only downside is that im still sUffering headaches..im off to he doctor's on friday...as my surgeon advice me to consult my doctor if headaches persist.....it is nice to say tho im up walking about..not in a lot of discomfort and feeling really postive...Good lucK to everyone who have or are going through surgery hang in there...
    3rd discectomny.....9th dec 08 L4/5 S1....decompression
  • It must be like heaven to have 90% of your pain gone!! When we live with levels from 8 to 10 on the pain scale, daily, it's so pleasant even to have a day at level 5!!

    All the best to you, and keep smiling!!

  • Good for you cliffy1012 :)
  • =D> Great to hear positive outcome. I have the same problems you had. Achy legs, arm pain, sleepless nights.

    I'm only post op 2 weeks, so hopefully in 2 or 3 months
    I'm be as sucessful as you.

    Keep up the good work!
  • Gosh! cannot believe it has been 4 month's since my surgery.My third,decompression at level 4-5.Still having physio,but that is for the foot drop that i suffered nearly 4 years ago,from my second back.surgery.I have started doing pilates,,,,mmmmm....but it makes me think about my posture.

    On a bad note,im still suffering from leg weakness and nerve damage from the foot drop conditon. Im due to see my consultant on Thursday. Im always tripping over and my "gait" isnt perfect,and i am "very off balance" and have problems stablising my leg,which fatique sent's in. I wonder if anyone has had this condition and if there is any thing else,aswell as strenghtening would help.Can a neurosurgon spread some light on things,,i dont know wheather to ask my orthopedic surgeon about talking to a neurosugeon...any ideas would be great...
    take care

Sign In or Register to comment.