Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Loss of natural curve

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:/ I'm reading several posts which include "loss of natural curve" or straight neck. This is mentioned on my MRI results but the physiatrist thought it was no big deal. It says I have loss of curve from c2-c6 and slight reversed lordosis at this level. Is this an indication of pain or is this a cause of pain? Or is this "no big deal" as dr says.

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Would be Kyphosis ... Like your upper back (outward curvature) ... Only pain itself is an indication of pain. Loss of normal lordotic curvature of the cervical spine would be a sign of an abnomally ... congenital or aquired. It can be caused by muscle spasms or other defects of the discs, vertabrae, spinal processes, facet joints etc. Often referred to as acute (or chronic) spasmotic torticollis ... loss of normal lordosis or hyperstraightening. It sounds like you are symptomatic .... of course its "no big deal" to your Dr. he does not feel your pain. We do.

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• My dr said it is common in people who are dealing with chronic pain. Something to do with the muscle spasms and the tendency to stiffen up when you are in pain. My neck also "tilts" to the left so in my x-rays it looks like my head isn't on straight. 8} (which could be true)........but again, she said that you see a lot of that in people who are dealing with chronic pain.