Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

how many days were between pre op and surgery?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I feel like I just might jump of a bridge right now.I am trying to get my house clean and organized and spent all damn day on the phone .My suregery is 1020 the pre op was suppose to be the day before the 19th at sf which is several hour drive well the hospital just realized they are closed for a holiday MLking day...... So they wanted me to come the 15th well i cant drive that far Dh had already requested the week after surgery off so he could not take off.Work comp does not know how to arrrange me a medical ride theyre why oh why...... Well the decided that i can go to the hospital in my area 20 miles away to have the pre op doen Now I am waiting for their call what a pain.

• 2 weeks between pre-op and actual surgery day for me. It was then when they took my blood, urine, chest x-ray and questionnaire...they gave me all of the hospital info that would benefit me and post op instructions then.

On surgery day, I had a 12:20 pm surgery scheduled and was told to be at the hospital at 8:40 am...waited about 45 minutes in the waiting room then went back to some "holding area" for awhile where I just laid in a bed with my wife sitting next to me while we watched tv...then up to a room next to the operating rooms around 10:15...it was there that a nurse from that area started my I.V....then my surgeon made a special guest appearance...then the anesthesiologist...then the operating room nurse stopped by...then the anesthesiologist came by again about 12:00 noon and jacked me up with a load of Versed...directly after that I was wheeled into the operating room and the last thing I remember was me going off to the left and my wife heading off to the right at the fork in the hallway...next thing I knew I was in Hell On Earth (or commonly called the recovery room)
  • Is the standard protocol that the hospitals I've been in use. After that you have to redo everything.

Good luck with your surgery.

• I went to my primary care doctor for lab work 10 days prior and met with the vacular surgeon 7 days pre-op. All went well so on with the game. My surgery was scheduled for 7:30 am so I had to arrive at 5:30. No time was wasted in weighing me, changing into the beautiful gown, and hooking me up to the IV. Lots of repeat questions to verify my name and procedure being done. Blood draws and a meeting with my anestethesiologist. I said see ya later to the family and I was off to the OR. I made my way from the bed, sliding onto the operating table. That was fun without pain meds! I looked at all the stuff around and wondered if I was there for an oil change. lol. It was cold in there for good reasons and the nice man came in and away I went to lala land. A quick nap and I was in recovery. Ouch, who ripped open my back and belly with a butter knife? Some drugs and I was happy again. Now I feel great. I will go now the question was answered.OOPS Good Luck to you
  • I suppose if a person has serious health issues they might want to do it closer to the operation date. Good luck!
  • week was the longest it has ever been for me.