Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

LOOKING threw prayer for relief

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:26 AM in Matters of the Heart
Hi,
My names diane. Been threw hell and back,and god has saved me.Broke my back when i was 22 in a car accident.Still walking. Had lower back surgery at 38-still walking.Have 2 herniations in the neck-neck doesn't hurt much-but last couple of day's have tingling in my fingertips as well as the hands being very cold.[ For three years prior to this ,I HAD a aganizing pain threw the middle of my chest-just the worst--was diagnosed with a pinched nerve in my chest. WELL THE DIAGNOSES was wrong------------MALT LYPHOMA---STOMACH CANCER.}--my lord and savior saved me as well as a wonderful smart doctor. So be careful if any of you have a knife like pain going threw your chest......-ASK my bone doctor to inform other Doctors what has happened as a way i could help others.Now i have this tingling-have no neck pain, but a bad backache in the thoraic spine-where i broke my back. Tierd,take just tramodol for pain-been on everything-much of the pain medicines-seem to break down the bones-and was so happy for awhile not having to think about begging for a pain pill. Hoping it will all just go away. Well thats my story-looking forward to meeting some of you-maybe you can help me with home remedies.diane
advertisement

Comments

• You'll find some great and very supportive people on this forum. I'm really sorry about what you've had to go through. Have you mentioned the nerve issue/tingling to your doctor? You definitely should. Where is your tingling?
    Oh by the way. I got ran over by a semi so I can definitely relate. My injuries thank God weren't quite the extent of yours obviously but if you read in my signature. I really am grateful for every day for every breath I have been allowed to take since Sept 15th. Looking forward to getting to know you.
  • That's good you're healed of cancer. I hope you're pain is controlled with meds. I take lyrica and amitriptyline for the numbness and tingling and pain in my leg and foot. The MS Contin is for the disc pain from the herniated disc and annular tear. Have you got a 2nd opinion from Neuro and Ortho Dr? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hello & welcome to S~H :-h

You sound like a survivor =D>

Though I'm sorry to hear of your past and ongoing struggles,but it was good to hear of all that you have overcome already.Maybe you can try some moist heat to help with your pain(but always ask your Dr before trying anything new,esp. given your past experience w/cancer).

You should probably talk to your Dr about the tingling going on.I have the same problem (tingling,numbness,muscle spasms,etc.,and mine is due to cervical DDD.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted :)
  • Thanks tanya,
    RUN OVER BY A SEMI----now that's --i don;t know what to say. How are you? God that is horrible. Please let me know how you are feeling. Nice to meet ya tonya--God is great,but tought sometime;s,,,ya know.diane
  • God doesn't give us anything we can't bare. I am doing much better except that I still have muscle spasms and tingling in my right side. But if that's all I have then I am thankful that the worst is behind me. I have met some incredible people on this journey. Through this one site I have what I consider friends all over the country and in Japan and Israel and the UK. How would I have ever gotten to know these great human beings had I not been through this? I believe everything is for a reason. I too am a cancer survivor. It's not a badge I wear or care to talk about because it is behind me now and I have a lotta livin' left to do. :)
    And yeah I do know. Believe me I KNOW.
  • Hi Charry,
    Back pain is horrible-i was on the amitriptyli,to keep me sleeping at night so pain would not wake me.Is that when you take it?Went down the shore this weekend and was on one floor-the numbness disappeared. Now back home(THREE FLOORS) and alot of steps numbness back on and off. Don't event have a bone doctor no more after the mistake. I had back surgery about 8 years ago,lumbar after waiting 8 years and playing with it. You say f-you to the pain and one day the pain says f-you back.pLEASe excuse the language.Im waiting to see if i can go back to the guy who operated on me.He saved me from paralizes.You been threw quite a bit yourself--HOW DID YOU GET YOUR INJURY?MADE me feel so much better you writing to me--god is always with us--my prayer we all keep strong. get back when you can-let me know what happened to ya,we can help each other. thanks diane
  • Thanks for writing back robin,Things do get better. Know what i found out help the most----being on one floor with no steps. Can only have that luxury one in a while, and now my boyfriend is worried and want's to sell the house.We live in a 3 floor house alot of steps.That just makes me feel so bad. Have to come up with a solution''Right now im pretty much living on the third floor of the house.You have degenative disk desease-that came back a couple times on my reports. They didn;t say to much about it. Cause i was in so many accidents.How are you with your neck? I use one of them neck packs that you buy and warm up in the microwave--helps alot. Are you taken any vitamins? and do they Help?Thier;s two herniations in my neck--so worried-already had lower back surgery. Just want more time to have fun. pLEASE WRITE BACK and let me know how you are--ok thanks again diane
  • Your attitude is great.And it helps heal.Thier are alot of good people out there.My mom thinks it bad that i forget so much of what's happened-i think it's a god send,casue it keeps me happy.Rest easy and know you have a good soul---take your mind to the beach when your in alot of pain---thats what i do----have my own little world. Keeps me happy. thanks for writing my new friend-diane
  • Diane,You are so kind.I really wish that you didn't have to even think about selling your home.I'm sure that you have a lot of your heart there ♥ That type of a decision would be a slow one for me,and I would procrastinate~I'm sure.

Yes,I take vitamins and also red yeast rice(1200mgs),fish oil,drink prune juice(eek),and eat my oatmeal & activia daily-well,I TRY to remember everything daily,and do a fairly decent job.

Last June I had a herniated disc in my cervical(neck),and so much was going on that I had to manage with my pain medication,which didn't even touch the pain.It took the edge off,but for about 4-6-8(?) weeks it was pretty painful.Normally I would have gone to the Dr for treatment(it hurt THAT bad),but I had to leave the area and visit my mom,who was sick with cancer,and going through a rough spot.We weren't sure that she was going to make it-so I just up and left.My instincts are what stopped me from doing anything differently,and I'm so glad I listened to them because I made it in time to say goodbye.

I suppose that's how I managed the pain-because my mind was on other things,but I WAS aware of the pain and I remember how much it hurt,I just can't remember how long it was bad,before it started to subside.I won't have surgery on my neck until/unless it gets to the point where I have no choice.Just Monday I had 12 TPI's,and though it is still tender,does seem to help a little.The ESI's didn't help in my neck at all,but worked like magic in my hip..go figure?

I have been lucky in that I've never had spinal surgery,though I've had many others.I think the operations that I've had on my feet may have led to my hip/neck problems because of all the years of walking wrong.I was trained to walk all over again,and in the proper way,but with some of the bones gone from my feet-they simply won't bend as normal feet do.My surgeon warned me 25 years ago that I could/probably would end up with spinal problems...but I was young.Young people don't think it will ever happen to them...

Well now~How are YOU doing~lol.
advertisement