Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had an ACDF one level on Dec. 9th. Since it is way to cold to walk outside and I cannot drive to a mall, I was wondering if I could use my elliptical?

Has anyone been told any information about this?

I have a call into my doc, but I just thought I would ask.

• i started using mine after 4 weeks post op. im now 3 months and using it 10-20 min daily if i cant go out to walk. but instead of using the swinging arm bars i just run in place at a slow pace. have fun!!!
  • Thank you, I will have fun!
  • I just use the bottom half, it helps, when you remember to take your coat of it the best.. I so need to get some exercise, My last surgery I was able to go drive myself to the ocean front and walk for an hour everyday, I was doing wonderful. This time of course lots more surgery I cant drive yet and its a pain for my husband to drop me off and pick me up, plus not easy walking with a hard collar on.. I hate the staring. People say the most amazing and stupid things to me about the collar. Sometimes I come up with good answers like The sex swing broke, or you should see the other guy. Other times I just sigh. when they say, wow that must be a pain to wear. This to shall pass I guess.
  • Kathy, thanks for the laugh. I too have become creative with my replies for the "collar" questions.

I have had to drive my kids places as I just don't have anyone to do it for me every day. I am very careful and they are short trips but it still makes me nervous.

does how you feel have anything to do with how you fuse? I am just curiuos if you have alot of pain does that mean your not fusing and vice versa? Thanks.
  • Yikes I dont know how you can drive with it on. I can't turn my neck at all. I could drive after my first one, but have not driven since august. Im not sure about the quiestion with pain, I really don't. But hopefully with all this pain I am fusing.