Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Going In for 2nd Microdisectomy tommorrow the 16th

jenfabjjenfab Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am new here and have only posted a few times. I am nervous and very anxious to have use of my left leg again after surgery. I have not been able to walk or do anything but
writhe and scream in pain for weeks now.
My biggest fear and I guess the reason for my post is, what if it happens again? This is 2nd surgery on same disc L5=S1.
He didnt want to do a fusion at level L5 becuae i also have a bulding disc at L4 and it would have to be a double fusion, which he says he doesnt want to put me through at my age (38). What are the chances of this disc rupturing again? Thanks for any insight and support. I love spine-health boards and website...so much good info and nice people here. Pray for me please.

• :D hi! i want to wish you the best on your upcoming surgery. =D> i don't have any experience to share with you but i do hope all goes well. before you know it you will be on the road to recovery. good luck! keep us informed when you feel like it! Jenny :D
  • Good Luck and I will be thinking and praying for you. I hope the outcome is good and this will take care of everything for you. I just had a two level fusion, and hope that this will work for you so that you dont have to go through what I have. Hang in there, better days ahead.
  • When I recover enough to get online...will give you updates on my surgery. Thanks for kind words
  • I am in the same boat as you.
    I need more work on my L5-S1 (had one already).
    Same side too.

If it were to happen to me a 3rd time, not sure what I would do. I'm thinking I would go for an ADR or a fusion.
    Probably I will have to cross that bridge in my future. :SS

I do wish you luck for the procedure and recovery.
    Don't push, pull, tug, shove, lift, bend, twist, strain or anything for at least a few weeks after.
    Difficult, I know.

Let us know how it goes.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • I have been where you are and unfortunately ended up with a fusion the third time around. Just take one step at a time and have faith that this will be the end of surgeries and all will heal properly. Attitude is everything. Trust and let go and be at peace during your surgery only thinking good healing thoughts.
  • I hope this surgery is a success. Prayers for you tomorrow and we'll be thinking healing thoughts to you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN