Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone have any ideas

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi Everyone,I'm Susie and I would like an opinion from you all.I have been reading here for a while and it reassures me.I believe most of you have been or currently are in the "pain" trenches and have more knowledge than most docs.I was a very happy healthy 36 yr old 4 years ago(OK you do the math I am now 40) I had a head on collision.I had in the past had migraines but after the car crash I had almost dailey headaches from back spasms.2 doctors later I finally got my first MRI.Two bulging discs at C4-5 and 56.They made me wait a year for fusion as I was too young???So almost weekly treks to the ER for a mix of Toradol Nubain and Phenergan(my hips still have lumps from the shots).FUSION FInally! Felt great for a few months.Then another head on crash(NONE of these accidents are my fault! and this nut had NO INSURANCE)More intense muscle spasms between my shoulder blades.Pain comes from my shoulders thru the front of shoulder down my arm into the elbow.When I swallow you can feel the muscles in my back in knots.More PT more Vicodin and Fioricet(my liver may jump ship someday!).Then doctor tells me I am notin pain but Ihave deep psychological issues(wich I may have but I still hurt!)so I goto her therapist.Therapist says I am not nuts I am in pain(nice validation but hey I'm in pain)back to doctor who threatens to put me in Pych ward for 3 days(hmmm wonder if the thorazine drip would be any fun???) So LEFT THERE!New doc says Fibromyalgia.So now Lyrica,vicodin and zanaflex.Finally I was rear ended last September(Yes wait for it NO INSURANCE)and my back has bothered me almost daily and the headaches are nasty.I did get a thoracic MRI and they said it was OK.ANY time I do anything to try and strengthen my back I am in pain.Should I keep trying??Work thru the pain?Any ideas or such I can discuss with my new doc(very niceguy) and he is sending me to new chiro.Anyone ever think they are just a whiney?I am so sick of complaining.Is there a shot I will ever be normal again?Sorry to be so longwinded!Thank you all

• Oh my goodness, do you still get in cars? Wow!

You have definitely run across some cruddy doctors! I am a lumbar patient myself, so not familiar with cervical or thoracic pain/treatment, but do recommend you try to find what is called a "Manual Physical Therapist". They are hard to find, but awesome. They work on myofacial release along with traditional physical therapy. It takes a much longer training/apprenticeship. The girl I went to until we suddenly moved was amazing, and I will always wonder if I had been able to find another one, if my journey would have been different. (But on that sudden move, I fell, had surgery - my second - 2 weeks later, and that surgery was done incorrectly and so goes my story - a 3rd surgery in 12 months.)

You've found a great support board here - Welcome!!

• Thats a lot to carry, and no the pain is not in your head
    good luck to ya!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck as you seek pain relief. check out the "Health Insurance" forum with the sticky about "teaching hospitals." hope that helps you some. Jenny :)