Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sudden Onset of Severe Neck Pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 11/30/2015 - 12:04 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Okay, so I'll be 100% honest, I'm a 22 year old newbie, and I'm not even 100% sure that I've posted this in the right area.
About 4 or 5 days ago I had a sudden onset of pain, starting right below what I would describe the base of my skull and went all the way down my back. I couldn't move my head, I couldn't move my body, all I could do was sit and cry and hope I didn't move because lord only knows, it hurt worse than anything I'd felt in my life until then. Anyway, It finally gave way, leaving a fairly decent amount of pain in my back. I didn't think anything of it, wrote it off as a hard day at work, probably no big deal. Well, last night it happened again, only this time more severe. It felt like my neck couldn't even hold the weight of my head anymore, and if I even moved a little bit, I just about screamed out in pain. I guess I could say it felt like my head was going to be ripped off... I had to have my boyfriend come over and help me lie down because the pain was so severe. It lasted about 15 minutes or so, and laying down didn't help at all. My boyfriend tried to help by rubbing my neck, and he said there were no knots, there was no strain, he didn't know where it was coming from, even worse was that him rubbing my neck only made it feel worse! When the pain finally went away this time, I was left with the worst headache (quite possibly even worse than a migraine) that I have ever had in my life. I really don't know what to do. I have no insurance and probably wont for a long time, DHS wont help me, and it's getting bad. I had a small episode at work today and a small one just minutes before I began to write this. I'm just at a loss for what to do, and I wanted to see if anyone might have any ideas... Please if you know anything, I would love some advice and I'd be forever grateful.

• Welcome to S~H :-h

I can't tell you what's wrong,or what to do of course,but anytime a person is suffering as much as you seem to be it is important to seek a Drs care.Headaches that come on suddenly and feel worse than anything you have ever felt before will be taken seriously.They can and should be treated as an emergency.I never advise a person to go to the ER,except in a real emergency.Anyone who knows me can attest to this.The way you are describing your symptoms would have me going to the ER.

Insurance is a problem and I understand that,but your health comes first.A lot of hospitals are non-profit organizations,and if so they will treat you without insurance.Also they can lead you in the direction of finding the resources in your area to help you with medical expenses,and finding medical care that you qualify for.Sometimes they even pay retroactive up to 30,60,or even 90 days,depending on your situation.

I hope that you get the medical attention that you need.Please keep us posted.
  • edited 11/30/2015 - 12:04 AM
    Almost 7 years and no answer? This just happened to my partner, what should we do?

This is a very old post, the original poster has not been on the forum for 6 years
    I suggest you create a new thread you may find this link useful....

but please remember...

There are no medical professionals on the forum side of this site. Therefore everything you read is based on the personal experiences and/or research done by the individual member. Comments should never be taken as pure medical facts. You need to discuss this with your doctor. They are the only ones that can provide you with detailed information about you, the patient.

For more helpful information please click on link
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Liz -Spine-health Moderator

This discussion has been closed.