Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

WEEK 2...............paulas in detention!!!!!

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hello all,
and so sorry im a few hrs later!!!.......suppose its my turn for detention now then lol.
well ill tell you all why im late when we check into the new diet chat room.
well anyhow get to the point......go myself in a bit off a tissy when i thought i hadnt lost any weight, so of i popped to the docs yesterday afternoon and guess what!!!!
3.3lb!!!!! way to go paula =D> =D> =D> =D>
i am so proud off myself.
hope you all dont slip because of me not being able to start the post on time but once again my apologies.
good luck to you all and speak to you later in chat.

• That's great Mrs. P! Lulus started another thread. Oh well I haven't lost anything anyway. Bye now. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • lucky u.ive put on a pound boo hoo
  • way to go tim =D> =D> =D>
    keep it up!!

LOVE P
  • :D TKing, congratulations on your weight loss!! <:P that is great for one week! good luck this coming week!! Jenny :D
  • still have not found a scale to weigh myself...as some of you know, that is difficult for me.

however...due to meds, i have been sleeping most of the day, and therefor not eating!!...i know, not the ideal, but hey!

also will be starting topamax and is supposed to help!

keep up the amazing work folks!

• :D hopeless-in-mn, glad you dropped by anyway!! =D> we can all use your support!! maybe next week!! sleeping alot is one diet trick i have not used!! =)) have a good weekend! Jenny :D
  • :D mrs p. ooops.i didn't see you up there! =)) like the saying goes, "better late than never!" great loss for two weeks!! good luck in the coming week! and benji you too!! can't wait to get into the new, diet chat room and hear all!! =D> Jenny :D
  • I can't tell if I've lost or not.

My scale decides to add on 15 lbs, give or take, when it feels like it...to everyone. So it looks like I gained 14 lbs since last week. But I know that is not the case, unless I'm really backed up. :/

I used another scale, however and it looks like I lost a pound, but I weighed with the "add 15lbs on" scale last week, so I have no idea. ;)

PS. Don't buy cheap digital scales.
  • avaccaro, :D YIKES you do have scale troubles!! ~X( trying is what this is all about anyway! taking the time each week to see if we met our goals or not!! trying through the week to stick to our food program, you did all that!! =D> so till you get a scale you can count on, give yourself credit for trying!! and we can all use your support!! next week, maybe that scale will be back to business!! enjoy your weekend! =D> Jenny :D
  • come on you guys where are you???
    your lagging behind here!!
    get your ass in here right now!!!

LOVE P
  • come on you guys where are you???
    your lagging behind here!!
    get your ass in here right now!!!

LOVE P
  • Ok, I thought the weigh-in day was on Thursday, so I checked in too early. Oh, well.

I've lost 2-1/2 lbs. this week, for a total loss of 8.5 lbs. in 2 weeks. Yay me!! I had been eating so many sweets each day before we started and lots and lots of potato chips, etc., and I guess that's why I've had a highter than expected weight loss in this 2 weeks. It will probably slow way down now! I'm just happy to see those 8.5 lbs. gone!!!
  • I weighed in and posted on last week's thread. 4 pounds lost since Jan 1.

But today, oh my. 4 granola bars, several choco chip cookies, and now a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. We bought ice cream and it is sitting in the freezer calling my name. I'm having a down day anyway, and all this high fat food is going to tip the scales the other way. Help!!!!! I need will power.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Neck of Steel, congratulations on your weight loss!! <:P keeping those high fat foods out of your house is the best way to not eat them!! =)) if you must, have just a little and then tomorrow a little more... you don't have to go without, just not so much!! enjoy your weekend!! Jenny :)
  • Joy, congratulations on your weight loss! <:P the more you have to lose, the more you will lose each week. as you reach your body's target weight your loss will slow down! it is said the last 10 pounds are the hardest! =)) weigh in day is Thursday but it appears you can weigh in any day you like!!! kinda crazy, huh? 8} keep up the hard work! Jenny :)
  • I know i'm loosing weight but in the wrong place. My bra had extra space in there today. That is not where i want it to come from now.....hehehe ok back to my big bowl of ice cream all soft foods here still since surgery. Hopefully next week can start the low carb diet as well. Although i did finally drink my beloved diet coke and felt so good.....yummmy
  • hey tam,
    id be happy enough if my bra had extra space.....i want the weight off there too!!!!!.....most defo do!!
    well i suppose because you had the surgery i cant give out about the ice-cream....your only getting one free week but!!!...ya hear me?????
    and as for that diet cola dont be thinking that you can just slide it on in there and i wont find out!!!
    its a no no no no!!!! have you read the label on the tin???
    i have a sis just like you with that stuff it really does create an addiction doesnt it.
    yes yes good idea on the no carbs start but make sure your ready for that so close to surgery.

LOVE P
  • hi charry,
    dont worry youll get there your consistant in posting so the determination is there. :*
    benji you bad girl!!!....stay away from those soda farls!!!! lol..... i know how hard that bit is for us irish girls!! :))( :))(

tim you have total dedication you have done so so well keep it up!! =D> =D>

lulu i cant seem to find where you have posted your weight loss!!! yes you are right better late than never. :)

hi dawn i know that you too are detertained to loose so you will do well with the tomamax. so far so good with my meds. ;)

amanda my darling you should loose weight with all the stress off the big move..i to have fallen for the cheap scale stuff lol.5 days left not even a week!!!! think off it that way!! O:)

bub those pants will be swinging on you by the spring time!!! =)) =))
    (((considerate scales.....now theres a thought!!!))) :))( :))(

hi joy,yes your right weigh in day is thursday a fault on my part for not being able to be here...so sorry about that .
    i will be ok for starting week 3 post on time.
    8.5lbs in 2 weeks that is amazing...way to go girl you deserve a round off applause =D> =D> im so happy for you.
    =)) :))(
    sorry cindy my fault for not starting the week 2 post on time ill explain when we meet in chat.4lbs in 15days thats brilliant cindy youve done goood.
    as for the munch attack today well i suppose once in a while we all go down that road.(((lets just blame it on PMT!!))) ;) ;) ;) .

ok folks thats it for now ill check in soon again good luck to you all for the rest off the week.

LOVE P
  • i ve had the vomiting bug and feeling sorry for myself on a good note might mean a weight loss on thurs lol

you are al doing so well keep it up
  • :) i stayed the same this week so i am still at #149. :( i started using a pedometer and have really been trying to rack up the steps. =D> if this doesn't work along with the journaling and following my food plan i may just have to believe the Lyrica has the best of me. only time will tell! =)) people are already in shorts here this past week and i know summer will be here in no time.. looking to wear a swimsuit this summer!! <:P here is to sticking to our food plans this week!! Jenny :)
  • im running late this week checking in. i did lose 2 pds, but i havent started the diet yet lol. congrats to everyone for sticking with it!!
  • :) brokenlady, 2 pounds is still a weight loss! good going!! <:P thanks for your support too!! =D> we can all use it!! Jenny :)
  • :D benji, hope you are feeling better today!! maybe it was a bad case of the flu or some bad bread! =)) either way, hope you are on the road to recovery!! Jenny :)
  • way to go girly!!!
    2lbs is a great loss!!!

LOVE P
  • I have changed my goal weight to 180 lbs, after going to tickerfactory.com and reading that my BMI should be below 24. Also have started using the free Tickerfactory.com weight loss ticker (see below).

• im feeling better today thanks,but you know im sick looking at bread lol,never thought that what happen lol,but toast was the only think i could keep down without pucking,you know what the maddening bit is i weight myself(i know i should nt)but thought i must have lost after being so sick,and not 1 bloody pound,now im really sick lol
  • OK paula I didn't weigh in the first week..........but I did check my wieght.

so in weeks 1 & 2 I have lost 6 lbs
    Just by walking on the treadmill for 30minutes per day.

Now If I could only stop stuffing my face...I may be able to loose 40lbs.
  • weakback, well Dan we are still glad you showed up with a few pounds off!! congratulations! <:P keep walking and quit stuffing your face! isn't it hard to do both at once? =)) glad you stopped by!! Jenny :)
  • well done dan way da go!!!!

LOVE P
  • Whats good to eat that isn't bad for you. Don't say peanut butter,well maybe the salmonella would help me lose weight!
This discussion has been closed.