Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A bit depressed

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Matters of the Heart
Well, I'm kind of depressed this mornng. Its friday, so I'm happy about that. I'll get to see my wife tonight and she'll be home all weekend! Yay. She works long hours...one full time job and another part time.

I've been out on disability since June 3rd of last year. Its looking very much like I'm headed for permanent disability.

I've been battling a urinary tract infection for a few weeks. It seems like its improving but progress is slow. My Primary Doctor gave me a prescription 7 days ago she said is very strong and best for this. She said it often takes 14 days to clear in a diabetic. I had gone to an urgent care doc 7 days prior to that who gave me a different antibiotic that wasn't as strong.

I finally got compression socks I needed a week ago. I put them on for a full day. They seemed the right compression and felt good. Then my legs itched like crazy for 3 days and I couldn't wear them. I was told those socks very rarely cause that sort of thing. I'll try them again today to see. My foot doctor said I shouldn't put skin cream on prior to wearing them.

I'll need to put my orthotic boot on my right foot today again. I have chronic plantar facitis. That thing is aggravating with all the velcro straps. LOL.

Anyway, all this together..it gets a bit depressing. Thanks so much for listening to my rant. I feel guilty even doing so. So many others have much worse problems.

Ken GreyEagle
Western Band Cherokee

• Dont fret the letting go of some steam, we all need to have a place to go and do it, your wife is very hard working and sems to be a a pillar in your life, not adding to her burdens by showing your tired side is noble.
    ime sorry for the pain and suffering your going through, i hope your warm and comfortable!
    come here anytime and let it go now and then...way better than holding it in ya know
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• That you have to go through all of this. Life can seem pretty depressing these days, with no money and not being able to do the things we always liked doing or working. I'm going through the same thing. I let my deppression pills laspe for a while and finally decided that I really need them. I think I'm going to try to find a hobby to do. Painting or knitting or something.
  • You know, some days it just seems like everything piles up on us and it is normal to feel as you do. The wonderful thing, though, is you have all of us who truly understand, who you can vent to, share your thoughts and feelings, and none of us will react or be burdened like your family might. You may feel you can't complain anymore to your wife who is working so hard. We all get like that.

I recently had a UTI and those just are horrible and then the meds we have to take I think can affect our personalities. Mine made me more teary and emotional.

Gentle ( (HUGSS) ), my friend.

• It seems things can seem overwhelming at times and that is really normal for you to feel like that in your circumstances. But it's good you've acknowledged your understanding wife and your adjustments and adapting to your situation with a sense of hope for your future.
    Yay TGIF
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN