Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New pain, and update

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone! :jawdrop: .
I hope that everyone is doing well! I have so far seen two neuros, now on to a ortho. I am just waiting for the referral. At first, the neuro wanted me to go to a rehab place to see what I am capable of doing as far as work, ect. but I want a opinion first from the ortho.

I will be going to the spine institute in Burlington. I hope that happens real soon!!!

The new pain I am mentioning is severe buttocks pain along with all the other pain. It feels like a constant pressure pain like something is crushing. It hurts!!!!! It feels like I have been riding on a bike with a very hard seat for hours on one butt cheek!!!! :/ .

I have gotten worse as far as laying down now, it hurts so bad to lay down, I can only lay on my side with two pillows holding both of my hips up to sleep. Any ideas? I hope that I get some good answers soon!!!!!!!!

• I would try ice for 20 minutes. I had butt pain opposite my herniated disc and I put some ice and it helped a little. Is it okay with your Dr. to excercise a bit? I had facet joint pain that sounds like that pain and had facet joint injections. Are you seeing a pm Dr? I go to my 2nd Ortho appt. next week. I hope you're feeling better. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I have had facet joint injections before, didn't do much good :S .

I will try the ice again, but everytime I use it, I get muscle spasms. I am hoping that my back problem isn't getting worse. I know that I am needing to take more of my narcotic meds than before. I used to just take them at night, and tramadol during the day.

I do see a pm doctor, he has done everything so far that he can do for me. As far as excercising, I would love to do that everyday but it does hurt!!!! I sometimes feel like cleaning this big house of mine gives me lots, but I know that it isn't the same as real excercise.

I just can't wait to feel better, I sometimes am afraid that I will never get there.
  • Hi Heidi my love bug.
    So sorry your suffering even more!!
    I'm with you on that girfriend. I am also afraid I will never get there. That the pain meds only mask the real issue.
    Have they checked your for SI joint issues?? I may of asked you this before not sure. I remember having it on my right side and OUCHIE is all I can say. It hurt so bad from the top of my butt down (not all the way into the leg) and lower back pain. Then when it got real bad I started having groin pain also. It was a stabbing feeling/pinch. Like something was caught up in there. Like you said rode a horse!! I was walking like I rode one to!!
    Thank goodness the SI joint injection cured that one for now anyway. It will be a year in July. I could not sit, lay right nothing, the pain was so intense.

Your right housecleaning isn't like real exercise because when we are doing that we are not actually using the muscles we are supposed to in the right way.
    Feels like we have though!!!! LoL

Let us know how you make out with the ortho.
    Terri xoxox